"Full Trailer" / Täysperävaunu Mod [REDUNDANT]

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
LoaderSaints

10 Jun 2014 10:07

Hello, I was just wondering that is there or could someone make a "Full Trailer" Mod for ETS2. These type of truck & trailer combinations are used in the Scandinavia ALOT and it kinda bothers me that there isn't such option in ETS2. The closest mod that I've found is the BDF Tandem mod. The truck in that mod is good but the trailer is too small. Here are some images what I mean to clear things a little:
The D is the option I mean. Also C is used in Finland I think.
This is the dolly used to hook up the standard trailers.
Here are some more examples:
Also the mod should be compatible with all the trucks. :mrgreen:

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2014 15:38

I seem to remember hearing from somewhere that there's no support for two articulating points in ETS 2. However, there are mods for it, which is weird if this is the case. However, those mods don't work with 1.10. I'm talking about Satan19990's Gigaliner series. If that's the case only F and G are possible.

LoaderSaints

10 Jun 2014 16:14

Yeah I've seen some footage of the gigaliner mod but didn't look that good in my opinion. The fact that it is only for Scania (which I do not use) and that the dolly does not rotate. Also what I am looking for is that you do not have to pull the dolly around (in Finland I have never seen someone pulling just a dolly). If the dolly could be integrated in to the trailers somehow...

EDIT: I think the solution would be easier than I would've thought at first. If one could make a mod like the Gigaliner mod but so it would be compatible with all trucks and the dolly would be integrated into the trailer so you would really need a truck just like in the BDF Tandem mod and the trailer would have the dolly. Then the articulation point would be correct cause it wouldn't matter if the dolly is "glued into the trailer". That way the truck's turning radius would be the same as the one in BDF Tandem mod.
Problem solved, now we just need someone to do that...
Last edited by LoaderSaints on 10 Jun 2014 16:32, edited 2 times in total.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2014 16:18

As noted, currently ETS2 does not support two pivot points, so any and all discussion is moot.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Dannu
Donation rank:

14 Jun 2014 08:27

This is nice idea, but hard to implement
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Dannu
Donation rank:

04 Jul 2014 10:48

Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

LoaderSaints

04 Jul 2014 12:10

MrSimsFaniFIN wrote:I found this mod:http://trucksimulator.fr/gigagigaliner- ... mulator-2/
Yeah, I was referring to that mod in my previous post. IMO the gigaliner mod isn't good enough. The dolly annoys me and the fact that it is only for Scania. :/

mbman212
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2014 18:52

Let's bring this up again... So, the point here is that we all do know that ETS2 do not support two articulation / pivot points.. What LoaderSaint is trying to say that the "dolly" would be integrated to the trailer and the articulation point can be at the end of the drawbar... It doesn't matter if the dolly is "glued" to the trailer itself, because that way the turning radius is the same as almost any BDF truck... and we can haul type C and D.. also that it's available for any truck
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

LoaderSaints

07 Sep 2014 14:59

mbman212 wrote:Let's bring this up again... So, the point here is that we all do know that ETS2 do not support two articulation / pivot points.. What LoaderSaint is trying to say that the "dolly" would be integrated to the trailer and the articulation point can be at the end of the drawbar... It doesn't matter if the dolly is "glued" to the trailer itself, because that way the turning radius is the same as almost any BDF truck... and we can haul type C and D.. also that it's available for any truck
Exactly! All we need is just another trailer type for the Tandem Mod by Flemming Vinge.

redlineshooter1
Donation rank:

07 Apr 2017 12:03

by the looks of the photo it is a 20 foot pup trailer..

all fixing points go off chassis rails mounted to the rear of the truck..

as for the trailer config for connection is at the end of the wheel set is a the end point of a 40 foot trailer with typical 3 axles...

when in configuration of a lorry swb/lwb the max you can legally tow here is a 20 foot trailer

I believe from 30-40 it has to be towed by prime mover you would deemed towing illegally otherwise

with b-train total length would be per trailer is 40 foot in length, though actual road space would be 70 foot for b-train and 100 foot for a double b-train

as depicted above C, D past 20 foot would be an illegal tow and I would think A, would be illegal to tow a 10-20 foot a-frame or i beam trailer behind a 40 foot trailer

as for b-train trailer with the 5th wheel either across the 2 rear axles or centering over the middle axle anything above 40 foot would likely be bordering on an illegal tow here.. due to turning radius of rear trailer I don't think it be legal tow multi different sized trailers..
road train double 90 foot in length due dual axle and tri axle dogs/dollies
road train triples 140/50 foot in length averaging 120 foot of cargo space and a 10 foot space between trailers
road train quads 190 foot in length
road train quintets 240 foot in length
road train sextet 290 foot in length

b-train 4 trailer 130 foot in length
b-train 5 trailer 160 foot in length
b-train 6 trailer 190 foot in length

due to the narrow streets of europe the only physical towing option would likely be a b-train option with steering axles on the trailer
same with a standard 2-3 40 foot trailer road train..

and I agree you would need the capacity of multiple pivot off the dolly

as you got the mechanics trailer to dolly and dolly to trailer

there is also 2 variant of b-train, trailer/trailer or trailer/trailer/dolly/trailer/trailer and other infinite trailer configs..

sorry for bringing up a dead topic

though i believe addressing a solution either in a mod or by physically looking at the source code and adding it in would be the only option at this stage..

note: I can't comment on the practicality of having a 40+ foot trailer in either a b-train or road train for that matter in terms of the physical mechanics ..... where turning is a concern

note: in real life i have yet to see a truck pull a 40-30-20/10 foot in any combination on the road, and it is illegal to anything past 20 foot on lorry style light, medium and heavy truck this is LWB or MWB chassis..

this is due to turning radius of these styles of truck..

when i see a tandem as you europeans call it, what is depicted with what i would see as 40 foot trailer would be a considered a illegal tow for the truck type whether it an a-frame or fifth wheel trailer is a about 20 foot..

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information