deleting ferries from DLCs

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
dkokales
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2018 19:34

I was wondering if there was a simple way to delete ferries from the DLCs. If so, could someone please explain how to do this? I am familiar with how to delete them from mods, but never tried doing it with the base game or a DLC. For instance, suppose I wanted to delete the ferry in Italy, or, going forward, want to delete the presumed ferry from the upcoming Baltic DLC. Would I have to use the scs extractor program? I've never used this program. How does one then repack the file after extracting and making modifications. Just looking for some instructions on how to do this, if someone could be so kind. Thank you!

Tapia

03 Mar 2018 21:50

Here is a video that explains step by step how you can use the map editor of ETS2 than you can delete the ferry if you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0OTlx_7bO4

dkokales
Donation rank:

04 Mar 2018 03:43

Thank you, Tapia! I'll take a look at that video... I appreciate your help.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2018 17:30

You shouldn't have to use the map editor. The Extractor, on the other hand, will come in handy. I think it ought to be enough to create a mod which includes the relevant connection files, cleared of actual connection content.

UPDATE:

I made a mod which removes all stock ferry and train connections except for strictly necessary ones (the Channel Tunnel train and the Strait of Messina ferry): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1322442581

You can take it apart and repackage it for your personal use if you want! It contains all stock connection files.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

dkokales
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2018 22:31

Thanks Davyddin! I'll take a look at your mod.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

07 Mar 2018 20:25

People on Steam are idiots (surprise surprise) and believe everything on the Workshop is tailored to them personally and if it isn't and it doesn't make their gameplay subjectively better they downrate and hurl vacuous comments. Let me know if you didn't have time to get the package and I'll send it your way in some other fashion.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information