Development on version 2.x (Northern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Ostpuff
Developer

31 Aug 2015 15:25

Chris94_NOR wrote:Also, the Swedish snowpoles are not red and white but yellow and white as i have seen. Where i have seen that is on Rv95 between Norway-Sweden border to Skellefteå.
There are blue and white ones as well in Dalarna. Orange and white are by far the most common as these where the only ones allowed until just a couple of years ago. There will only be orange ones in Sweden though.
Ranchester wrote:I always thought that those poles are only for night visibility for those dark autumn nights when snow has not fallen yet. Finland has those also.
That's more of an added bonus, most roads in the north doesn't have regular reflective posts so having these are quite nice during the night. But that's not in any way the original intention.
thedadmen wrote:Probably they could a bit higher on some roads this stick has the hight like truck . If you know what i mean
They are two meters tall IRL, not taller of shorter. In-game these will be about two meters as well.
Space4K wrote:I actually wanted to know if there's some kind of special procedure (eg. closing the road down due to life hazard) if the snow reaches a certain height of the pole. Or is it just for drivers to know that "huh, there's a lot of snow, better drive safe" thing.
No, they are only intended for the snow plows to see where the road goes. Two meters of snow doesn't just come out of nowhere ;) Snow plows are on the roads as soon as the snow starts falling. And I don't think closing down roads would be a viable option, as there are often no alternative roads.

The reflexes where actually planned to be removed due to misuse of them but as you can imagine, people did not like that idea. (And it would be an incredible waste of time and money)
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Space4K

31 Aug 2015 20:20

Thank you Otspuff for clarification! :)
A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half... I am the smart man. LOL!

teijo.viinikainen

12 Sep 2015 07:56

Those are for just plowing in finland like finnish name "aurausmerkki" (plowingmark) says and here about 1,2 - 1,5m high.

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2015 11:52

LA-MJ wrote:It should be a common knowledge that default Mercator map projection is a 'bit' misleading regarding country areas so I tried to find an equal-area representation of Europe on the net.

http://i.imgur.com/iY25An5.png

Still even in this one it's interesting to compare Sweden to Germany ;)
Found a cool site: http://thetruesize.com/

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2015 12:46

Yeah Sweden is a very long country. As an example, it is the same distance from Kilpisjärvi to Trelleborg as it is from Hirtshals in Denmark to Civitavecchia in Italy. This is by driving E45 from Kilpisjärvi to Karlstad and then to Jönköping and south on E4.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Bramzel
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2015 14:06

I never considered how long Sweden is untill a former Swedish colleague once casually mentioned that "if you flipped Sweden over its most southern point it would reach the middle of Italy". That painted a clear picture, looking forward to drive up north!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

16 Sep 2015 15:18

A friend of mine (who lives in Linköping, SE) once told me that it's farther away from him to go to Kiruna than to go to my place (Zoetermeer). And checking on Google maps, this is actually true:

Linköping - Zoetermeer: 1271 km
Linköping - Kiruna: 1430 km

Note that all distances are by car. Heck, even by airplane it's further away (also due to the fact that Linköping - Amsterdam is with a jet plane and Linköping - Kiruna is by a prop plane): 1:45 hours + 1 hour by train vs. 5:40 hours.

Sweden is really big...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

anonymson

16 Sep 2015 20:23

Very big indeed. And great work is being done on Sweden I can see. :)

Dannu
Donation rank:

30 Sep 2015 05:11

LoaderSaints wrote:
Ostpuff wrote:I have no new progress to show, instead I want to show you a new small but important detail, all credits to plykkegaard for making the model.
<snip>
For those of you wondering, these are called "snökäppar" in Swedish and are meant to be visable through the snow as an indicator of where the road goes, especially for plowing.
Ah, those things are so familiar. And yes those things are very common in Finland too (during the winter of course). For us Finns one of those is known as aurausviitta. ;)
At my homeroad those are wooden :D
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Korven

30 Sep 2015 18:03

Looking great! :D

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information