Estonian trailer license plates?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Vladzz-G
Developer

16 Mar 2015 23:33

Hello.
When I deliver cargo from Estonia, I noticed, that trailer's LP is actually... Cars license plate. :D
I saw estonian trailers in RL and these are different from car's LP. (The same problem I saw in Latvian trailer license plates, trailer's LP is actually is A-1111 [one letter; four digits]
Can you improve them?

Thank you. ;)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

ScuL
Founder

16 Mar 2015 23:58

They can be improved of course, I wasn't aware of this information as it is not readily available anywhere on the internet
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

martinusK

17 Mar 2015 08:31

ScuL wrote:I wasn't aware of this information as it is not readily available anywhere on the internet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_re ... ial_plates ;)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

stancew

21 Mar 2015 12:06

Actually there are some thing that should be noted about Estonian license plates.

1. Trailers, AFAIK since 2012 are wearing same plate scheme, as regular vehicles (3 numbers and 3 letters) with an exception of first letter (designation) being Y, starting from second letter H (for example, my personal trailer has plate of 244YJJ). First new-schemed trailers had license such as 001YHA and 002YHB, and so on.
2. Ingame we can find, that plates are generated ranomly. It would be more realistic, if first letters on plates would be as they are (used A and B for Tallinn and northern part of Estonia and T for Tartu and southern part of Estonia). Other letters are generated alphabetically (BAA, BAB, BAC, BBA, BBB, BBC, BCA, BCB and so on).
3. Exceptional letters on plates are Q and W (they are looking same as O and V). W was in fact used in a short period of time only for Volkswagens (ex. plate 001VWV).

Good luck!
Lionhost Deliveries.
Headquarter: Tallinn, also a garage in Tartu
Currently working: Volvo FH16 750

martinusK

22 Mar 2015 09:37

The region system is not used as of 2013. For the trailer license plates, AFAIK they stopped using the "YBC" system also some time ago.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

stancew

22 Mar 2015 12:18

About region system, you were right, my intel is old. A,B and M are still issued.
Trailers are still in use with 3-3 combo.
Lionhost Deliveries.
Headquarter: Tallinn, also a garage in Tartu
Currently working: Volvo FH16 750

Vladzz-G
Developer

23 Mar 2015 22:23

Guys, just seen Estonian trailer in Riga. Must say, that you are right. Estonian new trailer license plates really have [111 Yaa] system ("1" - random digit, "a" - random letter). ;)

Vladzz-G
Developer

24 Mar 2015 20:18

I have myself improved estonian and latvian license plates + added scandinavian currencies.
http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6430#p56709 ;)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information