Help aligning map background

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
calania

11 Apr 2020 16:50

Hello, I have for a while now been using this mod as my background map https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=269042 . However, the map was made for Promods 2.3 and due to it not being updated anymore the entire map is not correctly aligned in the game. Since it's not updated anymore I wanted to try to fix it myself. For now, I mostly want to just get the mod working but in the future, I would want to try to do basically the same idea but using a newer promods so that places like Cyprus also are visible on the map, which in my mind, doesn't sound that hard. The problem is that I can't find any tutorials on how do make a background map.

After extracting the scs archive the only files I can find that seem to be "important" to the mod itself are the background files which is in a dds format. I was expecting there to be some text file telling the game how it should be aligned. I haven't heard about dds before, are offsets and similar things included in the dds file itself or does the game simply not need an "option" file for the map to work? If someone could either post a link to how you make a background mod or help me directly align the map that would be highly appreciated!

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information