Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
IvanGF14
Developer

29 Apr 2016 15:13

yuhui2008 wrote:We do not want SCS future sale Spain DLC。 :cry:
promods Spain is the most beautiful。 :)
To be honest. I really want a DLC from Spain. Basically for the assets, because we can represent in a better way the country. Other reasons are the compatibility with MP, more variety to the vanilla map, a way to support scs doing more stuff,... And if your worries are about our job, we can always merge both from scs and ours, and have the best of them ;)

PirriAND

29 Apr 2016 15:58

I don't understand why they haven't add Spain from the Start. Motorways in Spain are always full of trucks from all over Europe so Spain had to be a MUST. But oh well, I am glad things are getting done.

Got a question for you guys, Are there any plans on adding Ceuta & Melilla and ferry from Algeciras? Has adding the islands (Balearic + Canary) been discussed or not yet?

Thanks.

IvanGF14
Developer

29 Apr 2016 19:34

If Spain would be in the release, that just would be a crappy quality as the other parts of the map. All of those are planned

Space4K

30 Apr 2016 08:53

I think he means original ETS2 release.
A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half... I am the smart man. LOL!

Vøytek
Developer

30 Apr 2016 09:04

I think Ivan is talking about it :)
SCS map is crappy. Going East was nothing new actually. Scandinavia was done better. Now France is probably going to be even better than Scandinavia level. Still far to ProMods level anyway ;) They'll never learn that custom interchanges and big cities are what we need. But it's all about money and time. And game engine. In PM's Frankfurt it loses gameplay smoothness. SCS's map has to be less spectacular, as it has to work nicely on all players' PCs. When you install a mod you are ready to face problems. When you buy a game, you expect that it'll work in 60fps all the time if you meet the requirements ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

pixza.yaoita
Donation rank:

30 Apr 2016 11:51

[off-topic]
Zniwek wrote:... And game engine. In PM's Frankfurt it loses gameplay smoothness.
this.
while these are not related to Iberian Peninsula, but I still gotta say I would avoid to take way through Frankfurt and Linkoping on my rig from my yesterday's experience.
haven't checked my fps counter, but they looks stuttering too much, maybe way low to about 15~20 fps (900P, 300% scale)
I'm on a GTX760 with 2GB VRAM and have 16GB system RAM, it should be meet the recommend spec according what SCS said.
while other more recent, better-looking games can get even better performance, I think only putting lot of cutplane is not enough for fluid gaming experience (If SCS told us so).
they should really look into it, no matter to take further optimization or go to DX11 (have heard they're working on it for a while)...

[/off-topic]
Driver Lv.49
Drive distance: 156,975 km
Map discovered: 51.81% (pre-2.00) --> 74.40%

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197976553449]Image[/url]
a pizza can talk, move and play games. no, don't expect more from this thing. :P

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

30 Apr 2016 12:15

pixza.yaoita wrote:they should really look into it, no matter to take further optimization or go to DX11
With dx11 you will exclude XP users

Now back on track ;-)
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

01 May 2016 07:06

↑That topic should be adressed to SCS not to Promods, ETS2 is SCS product, but Promods makes it just more awesome↑

To topic:
I can't wait to drive the Spanish roads (and time by time to pay for the road....) ProMods 2.10 will be astonishing...

Viva el proyecto de la península Ibérica! (Long live the Iberian Penisula Project)
Last edited by IvanGF14 on 01 May 2016 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected the spanish ;)
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

IvanGF14
Developer

01 May 2016 12:45

I corrected the spanish sentence, now its how it should be ;)

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

01 May 2016 14:26

←←←
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information