Repeated crashes Sweden

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2016 07:29

Greetings all, I seem to have a new kind of problem in Sweden. I am approaching Stockholm on the E4, just outside of Sodertalje. I have had a couple of crashes (not vehicle crashes, game crashes) on the way, so I've started saving every time I see the game stutter or hiccup. I did a Save shortly before the most recent crash... but I can't reload from that Save.

When I reload, things seem OK (I'm in the right place on the map) but as soon as I start driving the game crashes again, as if the Save were corrupt.

I do have a few other mods installed, but they are fairly minor ones like Improved Truck Physics, Realistic Raindrops, a flare pack, SISL's realistic headlights. Nothing ambitious, no additional world maps. I will try removing everything other than ProMods, of course.

I see that there are some other issues in Sweden, but this seems different -- it's not an invisible wall and I don't have my HQ in Sweden.

Interestingly I have seen not one instance of the "redacted text" font corruption problem since loading these extra modes; but I have seen 4 crashes on my way through Sweden.
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2016 08:02

More notes: with careful saving and several restarts I managed to make it through the long, long tunnel. After ditching a couple of my mods the weather changed abruptly :-) it went from bright sun to heavy rain. I note that it was raining inside the tunnel for about the first half of my transit!

after exiting the tunnel the game seemed to recover, no more hiccups, and I was able to complete my delivery (phew), collect my money, and find a place to snooze.

there seems to be something peculiar about the approach to stockholm and the tunnel area, I guess, which you guys probably already knew due to the other problems reported in that area...
USBcycle

adgjl
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2016 23:30

RootlessAgrarian wrote:After ditching a couple of my mods....
So did the crashes still occur with only ProMods enabled? If so, please recreate the crash and post your game.log found under C:\Users\Username\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2. Post it between

Code: Select all

[code]code tags
[/code]
or copy it to pastebin.com if it makes the post too long for the forum. Thanks :)
Bugs are love, bugs are life

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

02 Feb 2016 22:13

@adgil actually I still had jazzycat's trailer mod loaded, and I have read that it may interact with PM2 in that stockholm tunnel area, so I cannot say that it is a PM2 issue. one of these rainy evenings I'll try stripping back to just PM2 and make another trip to Sweden, and report back.
USBcycle

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information