Development in Russia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Aussie Trucker

27 Feb 2015 00:38

I've never been to Russia so I have no idea how the roads are but the way they are done in the jazzy version is great. The mix of smooth and rough highways, the obstacles (parked vehicles etc) and the roads that turn to dirt and become so rough that it takes a good driver to get through them with a load are great. Reminds me alot of driving through so of our rougher country along the kinds of roads you know you're going to loose CB antennas, pin stripe the paint and give the suspension a work out, the kinds of roads where you regret installing the bostrum seat because your head keeps bouncing off the roof. It would be a shame to loose roads like that, especially if that's how Russian roads are.

rarespetrosanu

27 Feb 2015 09:51

Aussie Trucker wrote:I've never been to Russia so I have no idea how the roads are but the way they are done in the jazzy version is great. The mix of smooth and rough highways, the obstacles (parked vehicles etc) and the roads that turn to dirt and become so rough that it takes a good driver to get through them with a load are great. Reminds me alot of driving through so of our rougher country along the kinds of roads you know you're going to loose CB antennas, pin stripe the paint and give the suspension a work out, the kinds of roads where you regret installing the bostrum seat because your head keeps bouncing off the roof. It would be a shame to loose roads like that, especially if that's how Russian roads are.
Believe Russia is one of the ugliest countries that i ever seen in my life ;)
In terms of roads nothing to choose as a standard , they are far behind the real infrastructure that exist in western Europe
The new highways in Hungary,Croatia, Romania or Bulgaria are better that those in Russia
IMO
The most beautiful new highways are the ones made in Poland

But this doesn't stop the moders to start building Russia of course , they will make the country look very nice

Aussie Trucker

27 Feb 2015 22:49

I'm sure anyone can make the Russian scenery look nice it would just be a shame to loose the randomness of the roads if that's what they really are like.

There is one road on the Russian maps (south of Mstsislaw I think it is) where the road is all dirt, it's rough, there is machinery and even a fire truck on the road's edge and a bogged truck near the end of the road. It's a challenge without a trailer but with a trailer it's great fun and it's not as simple as just traveling the road most traveled, you have to aim the truck and get it right everytime. It took me several times to 'discover' the entire stretch of road.

There is also a construction yard on the road that travels north west from Moscow to St Petereburg (I think), I don't remember what town it's associated with but you have to drive in off a busy road and traverse minor hills, and holes and get around the building to get your load then it's a tight yard to get your trailer out and an effort to get back to the road. The only real bummer is that if you do get stuck you have to call a tow from whatever town is closest where as on a real construction site there would be options to pull you out.

But it's those sort of roads and challenges that make the game better I think. Anyone can put a truck between two white lines and get from point a to point b if it's bitumen all the way.

Rocar 512E

28 Feb 2015 11:36

And if you build Яussia don't forget about the stupid AI :D

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

28 Feb 2015 13:37

I love those Russian compilations :lol:.

It's possible to make the Russian roads have an awful structure, ProMods have enough assets to be able to do so ;).

ZelvaCZ

28 Feb 2015 13:55

Michael Rosen wrote:And if you build Яussia don't forget about the stupid AI :D
Yaussia? :P
And the stupid AI is already implemented in the game :lol:

Rocar 512E

28 Feb 2015 14:10

ZelvaCZ wrote:
Michael Rosen wrote:And if you build Яussia don't forget about the stupid AI :D
Yaussia? :P
And the stupid AI is already implemented in the game :lol:
Faux cyrilic xD

orangewarning
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2015 10:55

can promods please don't disturb Russia?

I love RusMaps alot and I hope if Promods goes into Russia, it will remain compatible.

If it becomes no longer compatible, I'm afraid I will be dropping promods especially since northern DLC is coming out.

LoaderSaints

02 Mar 2015 11:51

They will not remain compatible as RusMap is made with a wrong scale. What this basically means is that the map is bigger than it should be. :/

martinusK

02 Mar 2015 17:28

Also, ProMods will make some of the cities RusMap has, such as St. Petersburg, Pskov and Vyborg (not sure if that last one is in the game, i don't use it). You wouldn't want two Pskovs in the game, now would you? :lol:
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information