France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
loupdargent

12 Dec 2017 01:24

But the devs have already said there will be "future map expansions", so no ETS 3 for the next years.

You can't compare a game like ETS 2 or ATS with GTA because every GTA at release are almost finished games, i mean, there can be DLC but 95 % of the content is in the release version. With ETS 2 and ATS, we're talking about "evolving games", with new maps, new trucks, new cargoes...etc over the years, and that's why it's fantastic, because you get eventually a very complete and huge game.

Personally i will continue to buy all the scs dlc's, because it will add directly elements to my base game. if they would release an ETS 3, let's say next year, i would not buy it, for the simple resson i don't want to go back to only a small part of europe, even with a better engine.

To get back to the topic, promods team are working by small touches on France, i'm sure one day they'll make it better, and that it will be before an ETS 3 comes out

YNM

12 Dec 2017 06:49

Nectaria Coutayar wrote:
10 Dec 2017 22:03
... We can only hope that before ETS3 stuff gets to be where it should be.
Nectaria Coutayar wrote:
11 Dec 2017 22:16
... Games don't last, ProMods is already lengthening the lifespan of ETS2 to 2020 and beyond which is frankly amazing for a game that doesn't have DX12.
I thought DX12 support is coming or so ?

In any case, the real reason why SCS is sticking their games is simple : it's still using the one and only game engine they have. ETS2 and ATS still runs on the same stuff that made WoS, only continually updated and upgraded. You can see the same in most other simulators : FSX still runs the same stuff FS2000 runs, Train Simulator (whatever year) still runs on what MSTS used to run (probably some significant tweaks when they changes names, then nothing). Changing the base can be a risky job : Train Sim World and DCS/DTG are much heavier than their predecessor, yet their immediate value are much less compared to simply expanding and upgrading the old.

Maybe ETS3 would go out with Unreal engine or such and maybe feature free run-around outside the cab. Otherwise there's absolutely no need to.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

12 Dec 2017 08:29

Nectaria Coutayar wrote:
11 Dec 2017 22:16
Games don't last, ProMods is already lengthening the lifespan of ETS2 to 2020 and beyond which is frankly amazing for a game that doesn't have DX12.
OpenTTD and SimCity 4 tell you otherwise; they still have running modding communities after respectively 24 and 14 years after the initial release of those games...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

bmwGTR

12 Dec 2017 08:36

YNM wrote:
12 Dec 2017 06:49
I thought DX12 support is coming or so ?

In any case, the real reason why SCS is sticking their games is simple : it's still using the one and only game engine they have. ETS2 and ATS still runs on the same stuff that made WoS, only continually updated and upgraded. You can see the same in most other simulators : FSX still runs the same stuff FS2000 runs, Train Simulator (whatever year) still runs on what MSTS used to run (probably some significant tweaks when they changes names, then nothing). Changing the base can be a risky job : Train Sim World and DCS/DTG are much heavier than their predecessor, yet their immediate value are much less compared to simply expanding and upgrading the old.

Maybe ETS3 would go out with Unreal engine or such and maybe feature free run-around outside the cab. Otherwise there's absolutely no need to.
Hi,
they are currently working on the game engine step by step (on the last updates) - you can not simply change the Direct-X version of the game, you have to do it step by step by replacing libaries and so on.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

12 Dec 2017 15:23

bmwGTR wrote:
12 Dec 2017 08:36
you can not simply change the Direct-X version of the game, you have to do it step by step by replacing libaries and so on.
Or in the case of a DX9 to DX11 or DX12/Vulkan switch, rewrite the entire graphics engine from near-scratch.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

up4081

15 Dec 2017 10:25

Any progress for Swiss-France border replacements?

ScuL
Founder

15 Dec 2017 10:32

Nobody is working in that area at the moment
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

NLS57

15 Dec 2017 20:24

Hello, in France since 2016, there are new regions with new logos. Old signs (as well as license plates) are no longer valid. If in the future you have plans to update ;)

PM user since v2.15
Free mods for free gamers

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

15 Dec 2017 23:17

No French person likes the new regions, they are neither historical or economically relevant, so better to keep it as it is.
It's not like there's any hurry in France to change to the "new" regions on road signs anyway.

I mean we're still busy adapting to the new RN/RD rules from 2005...and we're almost 2018.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

NLS57

16 Dec 2017 00:26

Nectaria Coutayar wrote:
15 Dec 2017 23:17
No French person likes the new regions, they are neither historical or economically relevant, so better to keep it as it is.
It's not like there's any hurry in France to change to the "new" regions on road signs anyway.

I mean we're still busy adapting to the new RN/RD rules from 2005...and we're almost 2018.
Yes I agree, but inevitably and sadly the new panels will replace the old ones as the new logos on the number plates that are issued.
In any case I wanted to address the subject because I had not seen anything on the forum ;)

PM user since v2.15
Free mods for free gamers

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information