Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
moudingss8

15 Nov 2016 09:47

Kobra2112 wrote:If we get Nice in DLC France, it would not make sense to NOT have this
I saw a road sign written "NIZZA" in Torino yesterday!!!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198105541693]Image[/url]

Superdavecan

15 Nov 2016 22:38

realdeal350 wrote:I personally think that Rimini is a better city to include. It is among some of the best holiday destinations and has a great and famous beach ;)
Rimini sounds good to me... but what I'd really love to see is the small country of San Marino. I'm a huge fan of the small countries. :) Although San Marino is really too close to Rimini (17 km or so), if a creative edit was used and it was placed a little further away than it really is, it should work just fine. Just like how Copenhagen and Malmö are much further away in the game than they are in real life, so that they could build the Øresund Bridge.

It's not the first time I've mentioned it... but if Andorra and Liechtenstein could be built, San Marino certainly can too.

Breech Loader
Donation rank:

16 Nov 2016 11:36

How about filling in Sicily? Palermo, with its cathedral, and Catania, with its active volcano make good locations. Shouldn't there be a port to take us there as well?

Maybe it's too much to ask, but I like it when I see Promods willing in the more obscure places that SCS would never bother with.

Vøytek
Developer

16 Nov 2016 11:58

If something's not available in vanilla map, you can be almost sure it'll be covered by ProMods in the future ;)
But reaching south of Italy will take a lot of time anyway.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

17 Nov 2016 07:20

SCS could very well reach southern Italy before we do
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

MYE2001

17 Nov 2016 15:08

I know I'm horribly speculating here, but I'm curious that if SCS ever builds Italy and/or Spain, wouldn't the current and future work in these areas go to waste? Just to say for the sake of argument, wouldn't it be a better idea to focus on the areas that SCS isn't going to ever touch?

Vøytek
Developer

17 Nov 2016 15:19

MYE2001 wrote:if SCS ever builds Italy and/or Spain, wouldn't the current and future work in these areas go to waste?
France was built by Kutchek, we had no idea SCS will release France. We could've guessed it but who had an idea when it'll be released? So now we have 2 France maps and we can combine them. So we don't have to build Pau from scratch, we can just add it and fix roads connecting it with SCS France. We already have it. If we neved built France, there would be no Spain now.
MYE2001 wrote:iwouldn't it be a better idea to focus on the areas that SCS isn't going to ever touch?
That's why we have Finland, Iceland, northern Norway and Sweden + many more coming ;) I doubt SCS will reach it. Even if they do - it'll take them many years, right? So why not work there.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

18 Nov 2016 08:45

Indeed, and if it takes them many years, by then the game is way past its commercial value period. With a major DLC happening every 2 years, it's already stretching its lifespan quite a bit.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

MistahDave
Donation rank:

18 Nov 2016 09:36

penguinaz wrote:SCS could very well reach southern Italy before we do
That's really not an encouraging thing to say at all. You're killing my Italian hype. I've waited years to park my truck in Rome and eat a bowl of spaghetti. :(

realdeal350
Developer

18 Nov 2016 11:30

Trust me, we find it a bit sad too, but right now there is little to no focus in Italy unfortunately. Also, an Italy DLC has been in SCS' plans for years (you can see it on their reference map in the editor)and it could very well be one of their next DLCs.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information