How to open the map file Without having to use the / file

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
jspence73

24 Aug 2015 14:12

When I saved a map that im doing How can I open it again cause when I go to file Open in Editor It goes to / And the map I save isn't in the map file How can I make sure I save the map in the Right location without having to resume all over again Thanks :)
When map mods come into mind ProMods is always the Number 1 map mod of Ets2 :)

Been enjoying promods since 1.95 :)

Just became a Beta Tester for the C2C Map since v2.2 on ATS

cristakey
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2015 11:49

jspence73 wrote:When I saved a map that im doing How can I open it again cause when I go to file Open in Editor It goes to / And the map I save isn't in the map file How can I make sure I save the map in the Right location without having to resume all over again Thanks :)

You save your map, then you go to your root game folder and in the base-map folder you have created. Then zip the files contained in base>map ("your name map".mbd) and convert it to .scs files which you have to put in the mod folder of the game.
Sorry for poor English

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2015 12:24

Basically, you create a map mod from the .mbd file and Europe folder in base/map. Just remember to do this each time you save the map and close the editor, and place your map mod in the mod folder (overwriting the previous copy) ;) .

Personally, I copy the .mbd file and only the sector files relevant to the area I'm working in, to a map folder in another location, which also includes a def folder (for cities and companies etc.).
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information