Development on version 2.x (Northern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

20 Jun 2020 19:00

Regarding Rikgsgränsen, on the border at Norway and Sweden at E10.
Today' webcam pic, about 18minutes ago
https://riksgransen.se/kamera/kamera1/i ... 2674776764 No clue how long that picture will work.
Webcam page is http://www.webbkameror.se/skidkameror/r ... /index.php
Wikipedia page's may 2020 photo
If SCS or ProMods would have modeled this years midsummer for Riksgränsen, then the area would have been surrounded by snow. E10 itself without snow.
With day temperature of 18C and night, or rather midnight sun! temperatures about 5C.
And regarding the temperatures? I wish I was there.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

SpaceNIght
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2020 01:16

2 things that is missing from Norway:

1: Laerdal tunnel, (all 25km of it)
2: The Atlantic road including the Atlantic bridge from Trondheim to Bergen

Scania870
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2020 18:46

Hope for some more realistic well known roads in Norway. Bergen is too unknown to drive through compared to the real city. The Ferry line should be fixed between Bergen Hirtshals route. Skolten is closed for ferries, and only a port for Oil and fishing Boats. And Stavanger is too unfamiliar to the real life.

Brulikrax

24 Jul 2020 13:23

Can You revisit the Quarry road please? These changes are super duper needed:
- fixing the road out of the quarry at the "T" crosses before and after the dam. Making the bump a bit longer (lower incline) and eiter removing the phantom white storage house or placing something else there so that people get stuck less often.
- fixing the invisible rock at the second "U-turn" after the dam and add a rail on the inner side (the second will help with fallers).
- fix or remake the "snake" turns, mostly the upper one by flatting it on the inside a bit (D-trailers and inpatient drivers).
- fixing the invisible borders of the road by making them visible.
- lower the speed limit from nnn~80 to 50~60 km/h just like in a city area. Why? Well most that go there use FFB wheels and that is a comfortable speed.
- add/change warnig signs at every "U-turn" showing who is first. Red arrow - Stop and wait for incoming traffic to pass; Green arrow - You are in your right to move. The classic red and black is confusing for children and not-drivers or at least those I've spoken to.
- add trailer cargo to be taken as well (drop side/flatbed; side-post; maybe a container).
- add a sign that suggest a two lane traffic on silver bridge.

Don't kid ourselves, Kirkines is ProMods. It's sad Iceland was abandoned...

WhiteWolf94

24 Jul 2020 14:08

Don't know what Iceland has to do with this topic, but it certainly is not abandoned. Large parts of it (mainly around Reykjavík area) have been re-modelled and redone, all of which should be ready for 2.50

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

24 Jul 2020 14:30

Brulikrax wrote:
*snip*
1. Kirkenes quarry is down a narrow bumpy road IRL with no priority signs because there is virtually no traffic.
2. It will not be modified unrealistically because it is busy in TMP.
3. I have been working on Iceland since February, see this topic.
4. The Kirkenes quarry is near the Norway/Russia border, not in Iceland.
5. This road is a tiny part of ProMods which gets little attention except in TMP, and only then because that's where all the players are.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Shiva

27 Jul 2020 11:30

Not been to the Kirkenes quarry for ages, so just 1 question, is that area changed to city time? Tbh, it should be if, that not done.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Brulikrax

04 Aug 2020 08:07

OfficialDOWL wrote:
24 Jul 2020 14:30
Brulikrax wrote:
*snip*
1. Kirkenes quarry is down a narrow bumpy road IRL with no priority signs because there is virtually no traffic.
2. It will not be modified unrealistically because it is busy in TMP.
3. I have been working on Iceland since February, see this topic.
4. The Kirkenes quarry is near the Norway/Russia border, not in Iceland.
5. This road is a tiny part of ProMods which gets little attention except in TMP, and only then because that's where all the players are.
Hello, I wrote it because TMP staff points us to you for requests and suggestions. It's not personal. If modifications are out of the question, then please, write an official guide for all Turkish and Chinese drivers on how to traverse it safely without getting in a compfy "been stuck" posission and with a double or triple trailers and how to drive it the right way.
1. I know and that is it's charm.
2. Ok, not a problem. But can we get some personal trailers action? It is ideotic to attach apples and do the quarry run and this is the only depot in Kirkines that does not offer personal not moded trailer support. I normaly use what is available, but some variety would be welcome. If it does, it definetly does not show what it is. We need more imput on the subject.
3. I'll check that, thanks.
4. I know where the two are. I'm not a kid.
5. You've created a monster. Be proud of yourselves.

To Brendan6456, I didn't say it was abandoned. There is a spot right in the middle of the map with rocks on the road not allowing you to pass. If it has been fixed I'll give it a go.

ScuL
Founder

04 Aug 2020 11:07

I have made some tweaks on the quarry road that will appear in 2.50
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

lamin.sawo
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2020 10:49

Hej, ( först oh främst Awesome Map!)
Jag har några funderingar kring vägarna. Typ som skuleberget, Jönsköpingsbacken oh även Jättebacken på väg40 från gbg. e det nån möjlighet att få med såna uppförsbackar oh nedförsbackar, för dom e rätt så mäktiga oh dom saknas. tack på förhand =)

english

Hi, (first oh mainly Awesome Map!)
I have some thoughts about the roads. Kind of like Skuleberget, Jönsköpingsbacken and also Jättebacken on road 40 from gbg. e there is any possibility of including such uphills and downhills, because they are quite powerful oh they are missing. thanks in advance =)
Last edited by Trucker2223 on 05 Aug 2020 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: english only in the main forum!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information