Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
OMNI du 31
Developer

26 Jun 2022 18:31

Yes, as you can see in the video, the editor only loads up in less than 5 seconds (unless your computer is a real potato
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

vincentkanin

26 Jun 2022 18:45

@OMNI du 31 Thank You for the help, will start building map soon.

Jeffrey de Witte
Donation rank:

04 Jul 2022 06:38

Hi i am making an own city in the map but i have a problem with license plates in Editor and ingame. If i place a parked vehicle, till a certain point it shows with a license plate, but when i plaza another in another part it doesnt get a license plate..
Is there a way to fix this? Thanx!

cotterhier

13 Dec 2022 19:25

Hi,
I am new at using the editor. Now after a crash, the view in the editor has changed, everything appears very low-resolution and the grass is missing. I don't know what happened and how to fix it. I tried everything, including deleting the settings and defaults file. Can anyone help?

cotterhier

15 Dec 2022 15:35

I deleted the entire game folder in the Documents foler and that solved it...

chibz32
Donation rank:

08 Mar 2023 13:22

I am Interested in Modding maps from pro mods for myself and perhaps you guys one day. i dont see anyone doing the uk anymore nor scotland and i am trying my hand at this. I can use the map editor no problem but i have issues loading pro mods europe map file over default map file. am i missing something ? Thanks for any support in this area.

Added in 11 minutes 49 seconds:
I seen on a previous post that modding the pro mods europe is forbidden and thats a shame as i would rather not have multi game files. However i am teaching myself right now how to use the map editor and i would love to help out in anyway on ATS or ETS2 and i see you are low on ATS developers. My aim would be to improve the UK on ETS2 but i am not against learning the ropes in other area's and i think not having a uk developer is a real shame as its what drew me to your mod set ups and they are by far better than the scs default game.

OMNI du 31
Developer

08 Mar 2023 15:00

Making maps as a ProMods add-on is not forbidden. Besides, the UK isn't abandoned (see Newport, Wales in 2.64). You can learn the basics of the map editor from here :)

Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

chibz32
Donation rank:

08 Mar 2023 15:04

Thank you OMNI i will check this out and continue my schooling. i really want to update pro mods scotland as its a bit out of date in area's thats all.

Added in 29 minutes 42 seconds:
Omni my buddy i am currently still watching the tutorial however when i load my pro mods europe map i get alot of asset and model errors and i am unable to unpack pro mods models.scs etc. for example i am currently in edinburgh and i want to extend the ringroad (city bypass) and the map is as it should be on pro mods just all the roads and such are blacked out and yeah the various errors. i think this is what i mean by pro mods being soft locked and cant mod (assets and models). if i am wrong however please let me know. otherwise i am continueing my schooling on a vanilla ets2 project for learning.Thank you for the help.

OMNI du 31
Developer

08 Mar 2023 16:57

It's absolutely forbidden to take our assets and models.
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

chibz32
Donation rank:

08 Mar 2023 17:07

Yes i thought as much due to the map that shall not be named and thats fine it was just to tweak area's of the uk like i suggested before.... edinburgh and Scotland. i am still learning with vanilla ets2 projects anyway. If there is like a proving ground for such map mods to join pro mods team to help Shape pro mods Scotland in the future then i shall throw mine in when done. As allways massive thanks for the help and info.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information