Development on version 2.x (Southern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Forcesius
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2021 17:52

Okay but could be nice with this motorway section.also :)

chibz32
Donation rank:

05 Oct 2021 13:58

Like the previous gentlemans post on western Norway, i love the roads in iceland and northern scandanavia like kirkness, this shows the real norway and have been eager to see more in general on the norway front as it doesnt seem like its had much love. Minus the very north kirkness and i believe the rest is all vanilla although i maybe wrong like oslo area maybe updated but yeah i would love to see more and generally asking and also i know everyone is busy and all these things i was again just curious as to know if norway was getting any pro mods love in the future. (sub note and maybe the wrong area but again in iceland there is snow area's. is there any plans to impliment these on the scandanavian north in general as well ? i thought it was a cool feature). As allways everyone at pro mods does an amazing job and a great mod ! i cant go back to vanilla ets2 its so bare.

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2021 13:36

The section Oslo - Trondheim - Sundsvall is also entirely from ProMods, if I'm right. Quite a long road through Norway and very well made, in my opinion.
For the snow experience I myself prefer using Grimes's Frosty Winter season mod, which covers any place you want with snow. And it looks realistic to me, even rainfall has been replaced by snowfall.

Galactic_Nerd-sk

28 Dec 2021 18:52

The new areas in Norway are awesome! Great job and thank you whoever was responsible for that :)

Any plans to extend the E39 down to Bergen or Alesund? That would be quite a drive if it was at the same quality as the new area.
Have a good day :D

mattsikung
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2022 21:24

does someone have a picture of the planned features?

flintstone73
Developer

02 Mar 2022 20:27

Hi folks! :)

Most of the time i'm doing modelling stuff here for Promods as some of you may still know.

But since about half a year or so i decided to try a reskinned version of good old SCS Scandinavia. And here preferably Southern sweden till Stockholm at the moment.

After long working time in silence (but being under the hood of my fellow PM-Teammates :) ) i now decide to present some screenshots from the areas where i reworked stuff. At the moment The Mid and Eastern Part of Southern Sweden. In the near future i'll rebuild the Motorway from Helsingborg upwards to Göteborg..... and laten on to the Norwegian border.

The long term plan ist to move upwards Stockholm region and push with brandnew stuff into Dalarna-Region. :)

Note: Reskinning in terms of my work means just updating most of the old 3D Landscape Assets and the Terrain. I not touch the motorway infrastructure and structure of the cities! It would be too much work and since some day SCS is taking care of a brand new Scandinavia Version i haven't enough motivation to renew ANYTHING.

However.... I guess even with only upgrading the landscape it's really a strong effort into a modernized version of quite old SCS Scandinavia.

And here as promised... a bunch of screenshots for your convenience.... :)

More Screenshots will follow of course....

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2022 20:35

Wonderful work, even the smallest detail, our refreshment can only do good to Promods ;)
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

07 Mar 2022 14:27

Very nice, SCS Sweden is starting to look pretty aged.

Two years ago I started a small private project of the exact same purpose, I managed to finish the reskin and improve the landscape along the west coast of sweden, despite it was my first time picking up the editor I think it turned out really nice, with the most noticable improvements around Gothenburg and from there up til the Svinesund border. I also haven't touched the road layout (except that I added a small rest area in northern GBG, increased the city box carefully so that it doesn't take 2-3 hours to get from ex: the ferry port to the companies along the E6, and made the scenery of the container port seen from the Älvsborgsbron more detailed) South of Gothenburg I mostly just cleared up the landscape, removing some of the heavy forests in Halland where in RL open fields are more common.

I would gladly send it over to you to check it out, maybe if that would help your project.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

flintstone73
Developer

13 Mar 2022 01:17

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:
07 Mar 2022 14:27
I would gladly send it over to you to check it out, maybe if that would help your project.
Thanks! You could send me that of course. However i couldn't promise that it's suitable for integration. Probably our styles may differ too much? We will see.

flintstone73
Developer

03 May 2022 13:30

After long time..... New preview pictures of the "Sweden-Reskin" Project. :)

After most of the work was done on the Eastern Part of Southern Scandinavia, i concrentrated on the Area along the Northsea-Coast up to Gothenburg in the last 2-3 month.

After Gothenburg is done i'll go up the E6 to the Norwegian-Border and after that doing the Mid Parts with most of the minor roads. My goal is to finish Southern Scandinavia around Autumn 2022. Then it was around 1 year work on it.

But here the latest Screenshots.... All in and around the Gothenburg-Area...

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information