Promods 2.0

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
stummer
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2015 15:34

The idea is to release a last 1.x version to be compatible with ETS2 1.17 - without the Scandinavia DLC!

ProMods 2.0 include many cool new things and require both DLC (Going East and Scandinavia).

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

28 Apr 2015 15:38

Whatever we name it, it will not be ProMods 2.0 as we see it. The 1.10 series will always be an oddball, and is considered as a transitional and intermediate release
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

28 Apr 2015 15:39

I'm thinking more alike with jdenm8. Once the DLC comes out, you can call it 1.9.2.1 for ProMods Scandinavia and 1.9.2.2 for stock DLC Scandinavia. You can still keep it in the 1.9 series because the DLC is not necessary. Then, you can call 2.0 the version with improved Scandinavia by ProMods. And as for new stuff in 2.0, something like Romania, more cities in Italy, France, improving the ARP and so on can be added without a problem.

No matter what the administrators will choose, ProMods will still be ProMods, and that's good enough for me. ;)
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2015 15:48

Making a mess of version numbers right there, this ain't Google :P haha

I prefer 1.10. Because:
  • 1. The 1.xx series are not DLC dependent.
    2. The 1.9x series ProMods Scandinavia was included.
    3. The 1.10x seies don't have ProMods Scandinavia, but are compatible with both Going East! and Scandinavia.
    4. The 2.xx series wil require both.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

jontsuba
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2015 17:24

I disagree with you. Unless a solution is found (a provisional ferry route like Rostock-Helsinki), a ProMods version without its version of Scandinavia would still require a DLC to reach Finland and Estonia. And ferry routes complicate everything. It wouldn't be the same for those who have the DLC and those who haven't.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

29 Apr 2015 06:45

They'll probably just redirect the existing route to Nynashamn, which will be used to connect to Gdynia in the DLC. It's not realistic, but it'll do until Promods' Stockholm is merged into the map.

Still not enough of a change for a new Major Version.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

jontsuba
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2015 07:30

jdenm8 wrote:They'll probably just redirect the existing route to Nynashamn, which will be used to connect to Gdynia in the DLC. It's not realistic, but it'll do until Promods' Stockholm is merged into the map.

Still not enough of a change for a new Major Version.
Still, you'd need a DLC to reach Finland and Estonia. It isn't 1.XX anymore.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

29 Apr 2015 08:01

Aside from the removed sectors and redirected ferries, It'll be completely identical to the Non-DLC 1.92. Identical. It's not going to be a standalone version. It's not going to use any of the new features aside from what's needed to connect the existing map to it. It's an alternative for those who have the DLC so it doesn't break it. You'll still be able to use the latest version of ProMods without the DLC.

There will probably be 1.92 and 1.92-DLC, just like there's V2.7.10 (x86) and V2.7.10 (x64) for TightVNC.
They're the exactly same thing modified to be compatible with something else, so they carry the same version number.

You don't give something a new Major Version number if there's no new features or fixes.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Aussie Trucker

29 Apr 2015 08:16

It's all too confusing, just let me know when it's finished :)

jontsuba
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2015 11:11

I also mean that if they do a new ferry route they'll have to do it carefully so that those with the DLC don't suffer the Ferry Simulator bug: all routes to Finland and Estonia would bypass the new DLC.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information