Benelux Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Truckingfun9810
Donation rank:

17 Feb 2022 15:08

Currently I am questioning the motivation for Promods developers to put significant effort on base game countries as SCS will reach these areas in due time. Considering the increasing quality of SCS reworks, the work of promods developer is also high likely to be overwritten by SCS.

wilmkoemans
Donation rank:

17 Feb 2022 15:34

TruckingDutchman010 wrote:
17 Feb 2022 13:39
No indeed, sadly this is a persistent problem. ;)
I hope that one day ProMods will find a developer from the Benelux who feels like focusing on these beautiful countries. They need a face lift at least. Also Luxembourg, however small, really deserves some more attention, since it's still almost vanilla.
Might i will build it in the European Logistics map. Have build a bit of Texel aswell.

amidevous

14 Mar 2022 21:32

good evening everyone here I wanted to know if this can be technically feasible of course I say not right away but it would be good

in red the roads to add

in blue the cities (for the names I put Dutch French or French German so that everyone can find their way around)

sector concern benelux and germany

I apologize in advance because I made asser window under ms paint and I am not very good draftsman

bonsoir a tous voila je voulais savoir si ceci peut être faisable techniquement bien sur je dis pas de suite mais sa serait bien

en rouge les route a rajouter

en bleu les ville (pour les nom j'ai mis Français Néerlandais ou Français Allemand afin que tous le monde s'y retrouve)

secteur concerner Benelux et Allemagne

je m'excuse par avance car j'ai fait asser vitre sous ms paint et je suis pas très bon dessinateur

a priori this must be able to fit into the scale of the map since I was able to draw them

can also north Gand (Gent)

but with the periphery it seems to me more complicated to fit into the scale of the map

a priori ceci doit pouvoir rentrer dans l'échelle de la carte vu que j'ai pu les tracer

peux être aussi au nord Gand (Gent)

mais avec la périphérie sa me parait plus compliquer a faire rentrée dans l'échelle de la map

I thought of Tournai Mons Charleroi and Namur because they are large French-speaking cities so I think it is important to represent them and Ath because in this municipality there is the largest Colruyt depot in Belgium, the Colruyt depot in Ghislenghien

Colruyt Ghislenghien
Rue du Parc Industriel 354, 7822 Ath, Belgium

I can be sure some of you had the same idea

have seen for example that the equivalent of the exit of charleroi with the N5 have already been done in part

and there is an exit for the E42-E19 separation after the petrol pump (Q8 Quargnon)

the luxembourg germany motorway also seems important to me

because many go through it especially those who make Lille Strasbourg (to not pay the pay and buy cheaper gasoline in Luxembourg)

j'ai pensé a Tournai Mons Charleroi et Namur car ce sont des grandes ville francophone donc je pense que c'est important de les représenter et Ath car dans cette communes il y a le plus grand dépots Colruyt de belgique le dépots Colruyt de Ghislenghien

Colruyt Ghislenghien
Rue du Parc Industriel 354, 7822 Ath, Belgique

après peux être certain d'entre vous ont eu les même idée

ont vois par exemple que l'équivalent de la sortie de Charleroi avec la N5 ont déjà étais faite en partie

et y une sortie pour la séparation E42-E19 après la pompe essence (Q8 Quargnon)

l'autoroute Luxembourg Allemagne me parait importante aussi

car beaucoup passe par la surtout ceux qui font des Lille Strasbourg (pour pas payer les payage et acheter l'essence moins cher au luxembourg)

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

15 Mar 2022 09:49

Unfortunately, there's not enough space for so much cities in Wallonia. You'd better forget about Ath and Tournai. However, south of the E42 there could be some space for one city, but not three. So I don't know which of those cities is the most interesting, from a logistical viewpoint. I would say the N5 has already been built until the E42, it could be prolonged towards Reims and it seems to me there's space to build Charleroi alongside this road. Maybe a developer could give his opinion on this.

I, however, totally agree with you on the point of the Luxembourgish motorway A1 towards Germany. I think this road could be built to Koblenz and from this road in Germany it might be possible to build the (German) A1 to Saarbrücken and from there the A6 to Mannheim. Not only do you disclose Luxembourg from the East that way, but also do you get rid of some loose ends in the German road network (A1 and A6). Also Saarland is still the only German Bundesland not represented within the game - apart from the non-realistic/non-existing SCS vanilla road from France to Mannheim - so building Saarbrücken would be nice, and we could also get rid of that vanilla road that way. I however doubt if there would be enough space for a functional Trier, but that wouldn't be the most important.
But in the end, an eastern disclosure of Luxembourg would be a quite essential improvement of the road network. But I think the whole road network around Luxembourg city would have to get revised to implement that. You need to build croix Gasperich at least. In the current map the A6 from Belgium is the same road as the A3 to France, which is not quite realistic.

Oh, and by the way, Mons is called Bergen in Dutch, not 'Mont'. ;)

amidevous

15 Mar 2022 23:53

non bergem c'est en allemand

no bergem in german

source wikipédia

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mons

Mons (prononcé /mɔ̃s/ ; en picard : Mont ; en néerlandais et en allemand : Bergen) est une ville francophone de Belgique située en Wallonie.

Mons (pronounced /mɔ̃s/; in Picard: Mont; in Dutch and German: Bergen) is a French-speaking city in Belgium located in Wallonia.

ou alors c'est qui ce sont tromper

or else it is who they are cheating

je pense que tu a en partie raison oui ont ne peux pas reproduire c'est ville a l'identique sa c'est certain

I think you're partly right yes we can't reproduce it's the same city that's for sure

mais ont peut les marquer sur la carte juste en créer un petite entreprise ça a déjà étais fait notamment a Foix

but we can mark them on the map just to create a small business, it has already been done, especially in Foix

par sam qui a fait un excellent travail sur ce secteur ainsi que valenciennes

by sam who has done an excellent job on this sector as well as valenciennes

KekoZeskende

16 Mar 2022 09:18

What with Brugge, this city is great.
Stand with
Ukraine !

Niklkanikl

16 Mar 2022 10:55

amidevous wrote:
15 Mar 2022 23:53

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mons

Mons (prononcé /mɔ̃s/ ; en picard : Mont ; en néerlandais et en allemand : Bergen) est une ville francophone de Belgique située en Wallonie.

Mons (pronounced /mɔ̃s/; in Picard: Mont; in Dutch and German: Bergen) is a French-speaking city in Belgium located in Wallonia.
L'article de Wikipedia dit que c'est Bergen en néerlandais et en allemand, ça s'appelle Mont en picard. Je ne suis pas français donc j'ai utilisé un traducteur pour ça, j'espère que c'est clair quand même.

The Wikipedia article literally says that it is Bergen in both Dutch and German, it's called Mont in Picard.

amidevous

16 Mar 2022 11:54

effectivement une fois qu'on relis et qu'on comprend le sens c'est effectivement bergem mais y a quand même une erreur

en pircard (ou chti c'est pratiquement la même choses ou comme ont dirait c'est pratiquement eu'l même cose) ont dit mɔ̃s et non mont

justement pour ne pas confondre avec Mons-En-Baroeul que nous en France appelons simplement Mons

indeed once you reread and understand the meaning it is indeed bergem but there is still an error

in pircard (or chti it's practically the same thing or as it looks like c'est pratiquement eu'l même cose) said mɔ̃s and not mont

precisely so as not to confuse with Mons-En-Baroeul which we in France simply call Mons

bref on va pas faire un débat c'est pas le but y a une erreur de ma part mais aussi une autre erreur de la par de wikipédia

de plus et notre amis TruckingDutchman010 qui semble être bilingue pourra le confirmer ont emploi jamais la prononciation néerlandaise

même les panneau autoroutier c'est écris uniquement Mons

et même en train la sncb (nmbs) annonce Mons en Français

alors que Namur et annoncer et écrit dans les 2 langues

Namur sud ou Namen zuid

in short we are not going to have a debate it is not the goal there is an error on my part but also another error on the part of wikipedia

moreover and our friend TruckingDutchman010 who seems to be bilingual will be able to confirm it have never used the Dutch pronunciation

even the motorway signs are only written Mons

and even by train the sncb (nmbs) announces Mons in French

while Namur and announce and write in the 2 languages

Namur Sud or Namen zuid
Last edited by bmwGTR on 16 Mar 2022 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, do not quote the post above yours

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2022 22:33

Although I'm not a moderator, but can we please post in ENGLISH ONLY here? It's the language of this forum. It's enough to post in English only, you don't need to put every sentence in multiple languages and certainly not mixed up. There's a dedicated French section on this forum, but here it's English. It's very difficult to read your messages this way...

And as for the language on the direction signs: in Belgium it depends on where you are. If you're in the Flemish region every Belgian place are shown by their Dutch name, no matter in which language area a place is located. If you're in the Walloon region every Belgian place is written only in French and if you're in the capital region Brussels, everything is bilingual Dutch/French.

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2022 17:19

Bergen is written on road signals on the ring around Brussels, so the information in the bilingual post with rather terrible French is incorrect. Bergen is used, it's not always Mons.

The argument that there is another Mons in France and that it might provoke issues is also a non issue, but if it actually were an issue it's easily solved by the driver using his or her braincells and not blindly following their GPS navigation if they made a wrong input of destination which is only a thing in real life, as in ETS2 you won't have that issue.

If I'm in Belgium and I want to drive to Melle, I won't end up in Melle (France), but in the suburb of Gent.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information