Development on version 2.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Noah_Lukas

23 Dec 2017 19:43

vulchor wrote:
20 Dec 2017 08:20
Now that time zones are a part of the game, there should be seperate def file for Kaliningrad so it can be set to Kaliningrad Time (UTC+2) instead of Moscow Time (UTC+3), which is what the russia.sii file has, unless it's using a different def file that I didn't see.
Yes that would be nice to be honest :)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

vulchor
Donation rank:

23 Dec 2017 20:55

jdenm8 wrote:
23 Dec 2017 03:33
That would involve making Kainingrad Oblast a separate country.
You guys already created a seperate def file for Northern Ireland, even though it's a part of the UK, and none of the other UK countries have separate def files, so I don't see it being out of the ordinary, especially when there's an actual in-game reason to do so.

id777
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2017 04:33

Do you have plans for Ukraine in Promods? For example you can do it in style of Kaliningrad Oblast in Russia. It's very beautiful. Noone start to make this map at this time, it's sad.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

enrico.tiberi.71

30 Dec 2017 13:00

id777 wrote:
30 Dec 2017 04:33
Do you have plans for Ukraine in Promods? For example you can do it in style of Kaliningrad Oblast in Russia. It's very beautiful. Noone start to make this map at this time, it's sad.
I read that Ukraine is living a difficult political situation, due to the Russian separatists in the Eastern side (meaning the city of Donetsk for example). From a couple of years, ProMods team has decided to stop its developing in this area, waiting the end of this conflict.

I hope one day Ukraine will turn to the peace way soon and than ProMods will continue developing there... seeing only 2 small cities at the borders with Poland and Hungary is really bad. :(
🎓 Linguistic and cultural mediation student (Università per stranieri di Siena) 🇬🇧 🇩🇪 🇪🇸

⚽ Unione Sportiva Grosseto 1912 ⚽

🚛 Independent truck driver 🇮🇹

Jevsenak
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2017 13:05

vulchor wrote:
23 Dec 2017 20:55
jdenm8 wrote:
23 Dec 2017 03:33
That would involve making Kainingrad Oblast a separate country.
You guys already created a seperate def file for Northern Ireland, even though it's a part of the UK, and none of the other UK countries have separate def files, so I don't see it being out of the ordinary, especially when there's an actual in-game reason to do so.
I totally agree on your sayings. If there is an in game reason for separate def file it will make the game more realistic. Instead of country this could be understood as a region with some same properties. This kind of development could be also helpful in Balkan region, where there are opened questions about making separate def files.

brainiac
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2017 13:21

No, western Ukraine is stopped because of lack of developers. Only south-eastern part is sensitive.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

CptCaribbean

30 Dec 2017 15:43

For discussing about Ukraine I guess that as the Western Ukraine project (https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6179) has been locked, you should talk about it in the Balkan Area one (https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13125).
Ikr it's not balkan, but it's the closest region to it xD. Euromir is over 1100km far away.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Šarub

30 Dec 2017 16:41

Well, I think Ukraine isn't as far from Euromir region as it seems because Brest is located close to the border whit Ukraine also so I think choosing topic about discussing this eastern European country depends on part of the country which are we talking about.
However, I have to say that the refresh of the discussons on Ukraine developement made me happy because seeing just Uzhorod and Mukacevo and lot of empty space further east is sad. I think when the work on Ukraine will be restarted the focus should be on making a connection between Poland and Ukraine (seeing Lviv as the first new city there would be great) and then to build a connection between Lviv and Transkarpathian region either through Perecin or as a more frequent road via Ivano Frankovsk (as a long term aim).
Furthermore I would like to see a connection between Belarus and Ukraine (If my memory is correct there already were some pictures from Kovel) and finally a connection from Ukraine to Romania althought I don't know wheter trucks are allowed to use the Transkarpatia border crossings whit Romania.
According to the conflict which someone had mentioned. It is situated only in the area of Doneck and Luhansk which is only about 2% of the Ukrainian landspace so the rest could be developed. Looking forward for more of this beautifull country in Promods :-)

id777
Donation rank:

31 Dec 2017 01:54

CptCaribbean wrote:
30 Dec 2017 15:43
For discussing about Ukraine I guess that as the Western Ukraine project (https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6179) has been locked, you should talk about it in the Balkan Area one (https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13125).
Ikr it's not balkan, but it's the closest region to it xD. Euromir is over 1100km far away.
I chose this topic to write in because of fact that Ukraine is going to Europe :D

I hope some development will start, and future map of Ukraine can be connected with Rusmap in Kharkiv.
id777 ;)

id777
Donation rank:

16 Jan 2018 03:50

Will you finish Lietuva ? I saw some closed cities on the road like Marijampole, Vilkaviscis. Will you build Vilnius?
id777 ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information