Development on version 1.x (Spain edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Lolsmurf

07 Oct 2013 20:19

Perhaps some useful info, we are really working our asses off on this map, using most of our free time to sit before a computer and make the map/models/skins/overlays/...

This moment I can say for myself that I can work almost every evening on the map, the weekend it depends. Considering school and tests will come soon, dont expect a release of Spain in 2013. Perhaps we could release northern Spain separate and continue like that, but that's something we have to decide as a team.

One extra point; I dont think Spain will be released if France isnt completed yet. Spain and France are very big countries with alot of specific climates and regions, together with allot of big and important cities => a shitload of work to do.

Anyway to show some progress, enjoy the next batch of screens (i ll try to update every week). Screens are from the metropolitan region of Bilbao. The road to Santander has started as well, but I am still looking to make Vitoria/Gasteiz first perhaps. Anyway enough talking, enjoy:

M.G.M.

07 Oct 2013 23:34

Delightful work, Lolsmurf, delighful work!!!

Spain looks marvelous so far... it looks so spanish... Anyway SUPERB environment and scenery. Anyway, everything ProMods has already released and has shown so far is nothing else but SUPERB. Keep it up.

BG greetings: Martin
Two things about ETS2 I hate - you can never hit F10 or the brakes fast enough.

Lolsmurf

08 Oct 2013 05:46

Thanks a lot buddy! It's very rewarding for me to read this, because that's my main goal: giving a realistic 'feeling' when you drive this part of the map. People should recognize they're in Spain, even without the signs.

Be aware this is only the 'test' phase of the map. I will add a lot extra models /building/railings when reviewing the road (driving it myself) + signs will still have to be placed too. I believe it will look even better then!

LOK330

08 Oct 2013 06:12

Do you make the famous landmark in Spain, EX :Barcelona Cathedral, Sagrada Família building

Lolsmurf

08 Oct 2013 13:57

LOK330 wrote:Do you make the famous landmark in Spain, EX :Barcelona Cathedral, Sagrada Família building
I would love to do that, if only I had the models. Currently we have Nico who makes models for us, but he can't make infinite models, he has to map too.
That's why we're looking for someone who can make models in ZMOD for ETS2. If you know someone who is a pro and willing to help out, let him contact one of us!

To answer your question more directly: I try to make everything as realistic as possible. But for special building in cities I am fully dependent on the time and goodwill of others to make models.

fajnymarcin0
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2013 15:03

Thanks a lot Nico for the answer. Good luck with the project

Vladzz-G
Developer

08 Oct 2013 15:16

Very good! :)

Can you take the scenery building models from the Old ETS (from Madrid and Barcelona)?
And are you planned to take also south vegetations and south grass texture from the Old ETS (like spanish olive trees, spanish small pines...)? Like in this image:
I think, it gives more difference between Spain and northern countries. ;)
TSM Map already have this south vegetations.

Yes, and Santander can connect with Plymouth (UK) via ferry. So, I think, that you can release your map, even if France is still not finished. ;)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Lennin Star

08 Oct 2013 19:23

I can see a 8 lane motorway, Nice!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2013 22:18

Just finished creating Spanish tollbooths Mark I :P

Tried to give them the real feeling. IRL example used: http://goo.gl/maps/uuc9U
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Lolsmurf

09 Oct 2013 05:39

Vladzz-G wrote:Very good! :)

Can you take the scenery building models from the Old ETS (from Madrid and Barcelona)?
And are you planned to take also south vegetations and south grass texture from the Old ETS (like spanish olive trees, spanish small pines...)?
I think, it gives more difference between Spain and northern countries. ;)
TSM Map already have this south vegetations.

Yes, and Santander can connect with Plymouth (UK) via ferry. So, I think, that you can release your map, even if France is still not finished. ;)
We could use them, but we will have to import them via ZMOD... Also we should give them some extra skinwork, since ETS1 models are low poly and quality. Nico and me will take a look into the models when I finish the north of Spain, to see if we can use some buildings(landmarks) for the cities. I can't promise anything right now...

Northern spain doesnt have the real dry Mediterranean climate like the the rest of the country anyways.

@ Leninn star: correct, thats a 8lane highway for some distance there, just like in real life! Thanks to FLD and his prefabs we are able to make roads like that!

@ Nico: very nice bro, looks so realistic! Can't wait to use them on my map ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information