wombat457
Donation rank:

20 Jan 2024 17:08

Bug for 2.68 - where do you post them?

ScuL
Founder

21 Jan 2024 03:36

Here
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

wombat457
Donation rank:

21 Jan 2024 03:55

Thanks and here is a list of bugs and issues:

1. The game crashes when coming into Warsaw
2. Scenery disappears in Fishgaurd when trying to get on the ferry for Ireland
3. Channel Crossing at Folkstone is horrendous and confusing
4. The World Map is a dogs dinner as you can see from the graphic:

Support was contacted about the abovce faults but failed to respond so I don't anticipate any fixes being done soon. Perhaps when they (ProMods) do a full update at some point?

30maes

21 Jan 2024 06:25

wombat457 wrote:
I don't know what your point for this is. Could you please be more specific? As we rebuilt it compare to the real life, not compare to our thoughts.

And also please follow Bug Reporting Process. We nee your game.log, the coordinates of the bug and the screenshot of the bugs which is needed.

Best Regards,
30maes
Woooo~ Bugs in ProMods are becoming fewer and fewer. ;)

Dark Yellow Team since January 13, 2023
Green Team since July 21, 2023

ScuL
Founder

21 Jan 2024 08:22

wombat457 wrote:
1. The game crashes when coming into Warsaw
There are no crashes around Warsaw in our mod.
A common cause for crashes in (eastern) Poland is a mismatch in the ProMods-RusMap connector if you are using RusMap, an outdated PM-RM connector or a broken file.
wombat457 wrote:
2. Scenery disappears in Fishgaurd when trying to get on the ferry for Ireland
This cannot be confirmed. Likely a mod conflict.
wombat457 wrote:
The Eurotunnel Crossing on both sides of the Channel has been upgraded to match the real-life layout.
wombat457 wrote:
4. The World Map is a dogs dinner as you can see from the graphic:
This can be caused by
a) a missing def file
b) broken or corrupt files
c) conflicts with other mods
d) loading order issues
wombat457 wrote:
Support was contacted about the abovce faults but failed to respond so I don't anticipate any fixes being done soon. Perhaps when they (ProMods) do a full update at some point?
We don't have a support team. Also none of the problems mentioned are bugs in our mod so there will not be any fixes required for them either.
Everything listed above is a direct result of a configuration error on your end.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

wombat457
Donation rank:

21 Jan 2024 23:53

Everything listed above is a direct result of a configuration error on your end.
My Mod Manager was set up according to ProMod instructions and orders so please, don't blame me for the problems. The ONLY file I did not have, and undersatnd is not needed anyway, was that DLC Support Pack folder. And if you have any doubts as to the install sequence in my Mod Manager - here it is, or as was:

RusMap 2.49 Def
RusMap 2.49 Map
RusMap 2.49 Models

ProMods 2.68 Def (with map zoom compatibility checked)
ProMods 2.68 Map
ProMods 2.68 Models 1
ProMods 2.68 Models 2
ProMods 2.68 Models 3
ProMods 2.68 Media
ProMods 2.68 Asset

As for the Warsaw crashing - which it does, I conceed thatmaybe as a result of an outdated RusMap file. That being said, I believed that the RusMap was also a ProMod map.

Added in 23 minutes 6 seconds:
Okay - reinstalled things as per ProMods guide and everything looks normal again. Installed the RusMap as per the guides and the World map turned into a dogs dinner; therefore, it appears as though it has something to do with the RusMap Mod.

Now before anyone starts jumping up and down and saying things like "I topld you so" etc etc etc - I firmly believed that the RusMap thing was a ProMods Map. Now I know better, I amre downloading the RusMap Mod and will see what happens then.

With that being said, I wonder why ProMods has not made a Russia or Ireland Map? In fact, I wonder why SCS hasn't made them to begin with??

bricksathome
Developer

22 Jan 2024 03:04

wombat457 wrote:
22 Jan 2024 00:16
And if you have any doubts as to the install sequence in my Mod Manager - here it is, or as was:
If those are the only mods you're loading then you're definitely missing the ProMods-RusMap road connection mod, this would be the cause of your crashes in Warsaw and would most likely also be causing the issues with the world map.
wombat457 wrote:With that being said, I wonder why ProMods has not made a Russia or Ireland Map? In fact, I wonder why SCS hasn't made them to begin with??
ProMods already includes nine cities in Ireland: Dublin, Wexford, Limerick, Galway, Sligo, Lisburn, Belfast, Larne and Derry. You mentioned that you were trying to take a ferry from Fishguard to Ireland in an earlier post in this thread, so you already know it exists in ProMods?
RusMap already covers a large chunk of Russia and other mods expand even further into Russia, overwriting large areas that already exist in other maps is a waste of manpower that could be put into other areas.
The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

wombat457
Donation rank:

22 Jan 2024 05:16

If those are the only mods you're loading then you're definitely missing the ProMods-RusMap road connection mod, this would be the cause of your crashes in Warsaw and would most likely also be causing the issues with the world map.

Thanks and in so far as ProMods and RusMods they were. I removed ALL Mods then ran ETS2 on its own and all looked good again. I then reinstalled ProMods (alone), ran ETS2 and all worked well - no issues at all. I then reinstalled the current version of RusMaps WITH the road connection thing and I the issue with the World Map view re-emerged. Removed RusMap and everything seems to be okay again so it appears as though it is the RusMap Mod that is causing one or more issues and NOT ProMods as I initally thought. At the end of the day, I removed the RusMap Mod and haven't had any issue with any of the other Mods installed - Jazzycat AI, No Damage Mod, RTA Truck Mods.

It looks as though I will have to wait until RusMaps comes up with an updated (and perhaps fixed) map set before I reinstall it. I remember it worked very well with ProMods years ago anddid look very good as well.

So are you aware of any Russia expansion maps that work with ProMods? I downloaded and installed Russia Open Spaces and that crashed ETS2 as soon as I started it.

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information