Promods and 1.49

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
THEREALDETONATOR

05 Dec 2023 10:52

The problem for me at least is that I play with other mods, including other maps, and what i notice is that almost every mod is updated to 1.49 already. Promods seems to be one of the only exceptions, so I wonder if is that hard to just release a compatibility update first, and then have enough time to troubleshoot and fine tune the new content and release it later even if it means february or march. I think this is a better solution for the developers than having the pressure of people asking about the update, and for players than having to downgrade their games because one mod.
And worst is that I already seen videos of people using hex editors to bypass the version lock and playing promods 2.67 on 1.49 with only a few bugs!
I hope devs understand the players point of view, that waiting months for a version compatibility update is not a good practice and it can actually make the Promods player base decrease.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2023 10:59

ProMods 2.68 will be only a compatability update like it was said multiple times already. But updating still takes time and lot's of testing. When other map mods are released sooner that's fine, but ProMods isn't just a map, it has also lots of custom Prefabs, models, signs and so on, so there is more that can break and has to be fixed/tested between each version.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

rosgillies
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2023 13:40

TSHE1145142020 wrote:
28 Nov 2023 13:40
We need promods 2.68 for ETS2 1.49!
I think the Devs know that, dont you. Patience for the best Mod for ETS2 and ATS Canada out there.

scastle

05 Dec 2023 14:08

I'm patiently waiting, but we normally get a warning on the front page of the site that the mods are not working. We don't seem to have that this time.

ScuL
Founder

06 Dec 2023 00:25

THEREALDETONATOR wrote:
05 Dec 2023 10:52
The problem for me at least is that I play with other mods, including other maps, and what i notice is that almost every mod is updated to 1.49 already.
The vast majority of other maps are very small compared to the huge (almost 10GB) content of our package
Promods seems to be one of the only exceptions, so I wonder if is that hard to just release a compatibility update first
This is exactly what we are doing at this moment but you also have to take into consideration that there have been changes under the hood because of the introduction of the BLKW DLC that are conflicting with our files and are causing unique problems that other map mods won't have to deal with.

Here are some examples of issues we had to face:
  • locale tags (translations) for some city names are suddenly conflicting because SCS added cities that already existed in ProMods
  • SCS uses different file names for cities that we also have for instance banja_luka.sui in SCS or banjaluka.sui in ProMods
  • some of the city definitions have different truck dealership brands defined than what we have in our map which means changing the dealership in the map mod including all flags and signs
  • SCS uses different country codes for at least 3 countries in the area
For ATS;
The introduction of the PACCAR centre in the northern areas of WA means that the map had to be cut and all the borders to Canada had to be re-inserted into the sector
This then leads to teething problems where you get issues such as UI icons appearing in the map that were meant to be hidden

Then last but not least, updating ProMods does stop with just updating the main pack.
We also have to update the CAP, TCP, Middle East and The Great Steppe.

Currently there are still two content bugs in ME & TGS that are slowing down the release. If we release the main pack without ME & TGS then people will complain that they cannot buy the update bundle with all mods in one pack.
So as it stands right now the main pack is ready but the other add-ons are not (yet). Hopefully soon.
I think this is a better solution for the developers than having the pressure of people asking about the update, and for players than having to downgrade their games because one mod.
The pressure that the community puts on us is unjustified although we have learnt to live with it and are forced to brush it aside. We are unable to perform as developers otherwise.
A lot of people forget that the entire team has real life commitments and every single ProMods dev is doing this alongside real life activities such as school/uni/work and family engagements.
Personally I have just become a father so I am running on 3 hours of sleep every night and spend almost no time behind the PC
And worst is that I already seen videos of people using hex editors to bypass the version lock and playing promods 2.67 on 1.49 with only a few bugs!
If you send links to those videos I will have them taken down
I hope devs understand the players point of view, that waiting months for a version compatibility update is not a good practice and it can actually make the Promods player base decrease.
People are just incredibly impatient. It has only been 7 days since the release of update 1.49 for ETS2.

The banner on the top of the website is missing because we are having technical problems with the website for which I have zero time to solve.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

jason109

06 Dec 2023 00:28

Every update the same thread, just chill out. In New Zealand we would say 'Cool your jets bro'. Its happening. When its out it will be everything you want it to be. Roll back or play vanilla. I've made the decision that unless FOMO gets the better of me I'm going to wait until West Balkans is merged before I get back on ProMods for ETS2, thats my decision, just as its yours to make. In the meantime I'll go exploring Canada in ATS as I haven't done that for a while.

THEREALDETONATOR

06 Dec 2023 13:14

Thanks for the answer @scul. I understand what the challenges of doing an update are, since I work on the IT area and know very well that some bugs can be very tricky and time consuming to fix and those are not fun times for programmers and developers!
About the videos they were from a german channel, but now they are already down, i guess the creator did not want to get in trouble and removed the videos already.
I wrote the first post because I saw people saying that the update was only being released in january not because of the few days that have passed since the game updated, I need to be more carefull about who wrote the posts and only trust moderators and devs! Sorry for the confusion!

Garrington_Levy

06 Dec 2023 17:30

Congrats on becoming a father, ScuL!
If I were the Welsh Charles Bronson, I'd pay a quid for it.

Presidenis23

06 Dec 2023 17:50

Congratulations on fatherhood ScuL! Good health to the baby and much happiness to the family

sumimoto

06 Dec 2023 20:32

ScuL wrote:
06 Dec 2023 00:25

People are just incredibly impatient. It has only been 7 days since the release of update 1.49 for ETS2.
And let me guess - SCS are not helping and not providing EA to 1.49 for mod developers (not the Open Beta, I mean prior to it)

Also, conrats on becoming dad, now you have even less time

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information