Large Map Mod Combo Crash Fix Mod

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MAN-333

27 Oct 2023 09:23

Hi,

Can I ask if ProMods offers a large map mod combo crash fix mod?

My ETS2 with ProMods crashes when I zoom in on the world map and someone on the SCS Forum mentioned this mod as a potential fix.

I found one on TruckyMods for ProMods and downloaded it, but it didn't fix my problem, so I am wondering if ProMods offers this mod or a patch?

bmwGTR

27 Oct 2023 10:30

Hi,

you can use the Zoom Crash Fix mod from DOWL:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2701258039

Only works with one of his background map mods. If you use a large map mod combo I suggest this one:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2519515664

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

ScuL
Founder

27 Oct 2023 11:07

MAN-333 wrote:
27 Oct 2023 09:23
crashes when I zoom in on the world map
Any large map combo will cause this. It's an SCS bug and they are working on fixing it (hopefully for 1.49)
The problem is created by the fact that the allocated memory slot for the amount of map icons is exceeded which causes the game to crash.
It only happens with large map combos and not in vanilla.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MAN-333

27 Oct 2023 11:14

Hi bmwGTR,

Thank you for your response! The first one was the mod I downloaded from TruckyMods. However, I will download it through Steam to see if that fixes it maybe.

I just use ProMods (Expansion + Middle East), so if this still doesn't fix it, I might try the Afroeurasia mod.

I do have one other quick question, can you recommend a good hosting website where I can link to my signature image for the ProMods forum? I tried using a public Google Site I created, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
MAN-333

Added in 6 minutes 8 seconds:
Hi ScuL,

Oh okay, good to know SCS are working on it and it is not a ProMods issue. I have ATS (vanilla) so I might just keep playing that until ETS 1.49 comes out.

So it is a memory issue then! I thought it was... Would turning the map icons off in the world map help until it's fixed?

Kind Regards,
MAN-333

Added in 32 minutes 47 seconds:
Update: I tried with no icons, and it still crashed.

ScuL
Founder

27 Oct 2023 23:21

There is a map zoom crash fix on the Steam Workshop. What it does it decreases the amount of icons by leaving certain ones out and that seems to work
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information