All Gameplay sound is vay too loud since Update 2.67

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
goodkidsem

22 Oct 2023 03:58

Hello, i have a strange problem..

The whole game is far too loud, engine, exhaust, indicators, gearshift, navigation language, etc.
From the inside everything is 10x worse than outside, but even from the outside everything is just way too loud.

I played before (with the last version of promods, it was version 2.65) with 8x volume in the DEF file, because it was always too quiet in the cabin and on 100% auido sounds on every option, from the outside, the sound was always ok.

I downloaded the DEF file again with the standard volume, but it doesn't change anything ingame. Neither in the cabin nor in the outside view.
In the game I have to push now all the audio controls to 10% so that my headphones(always played with headphones) don't overload, but you can still hear that the sounds don't fit and are distorted.

The size of the DEF file does not change and always remains 2.8mb, no matter what setting I make. Isn't that too small?
I've tried it several times with different settings without the file size changing.

What's also very strange is that the audio doesn't change whether I select standard volume or 16x louder. It always stays the same in the cabin and the outside view.

30maes

22 Oct 2023 04:35

Hello there,

The def file is normal, it is always that size because you only need to edit some lines in the file to change that. And the interior sound means the sound from the Cabin Accessories while driving, neither the sound you hear inside the truck nor outside the truck.

Best Regards,
30maes
Woooo~ Bugs in ProMods are becoming fewer and fewer. ;)

Dark Yellow Team since January 13, 2023
Green Team since July 21, 2023

goodkidsem

22 Oct 2023 05:38

Thx for the quick answer, but what you say is not entirely correct,
as I had already tested it a few times myself, as i first downloaded promods, because the sound inside the cabin was generally always too quiet, and so I initially changed it to 2x, 4x and then to 8x and have played with this setting ever since and the sound was perfect.
I dont have any cabin accessories in the trucks..

With the setting of the DEF file, everything became louder, engine, turbo, engine brakes, wipers, indicators etc. , but like you say, only in the inside view, without an effect on the outside view. I've never had a problem with outside sound before and after promods.

Still, I'm wondering what's going on now, as just last week I was playing with version 2.65 of Promods, but already with the latest version of ETS2, as all the sounds were still normal and weren't constantly clipping and distorting.
Now when I just start the engine it's so loud that you think the speakers are going to explode. Inside view and outside view...

The menu sounds are just fine.

is this a problem with prodmods or with the game itself? How can I find out?

I haven't changed any settings on my PC or headphones or in the game..

Best regards

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information