Play ATS waiting for compatible ProMods Canada update?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
decumanusmaximus

02 Aug 2023 05:08

Is there any reason I need to wait for a compatible version of ProMods before playing ATS? Any concerns about my save file? Etc.

erbkaiser
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2023 10:16

Since a few updates ago it is more safe to play with a map mod missing, the game should auto-sell any owned garages there so you can load your profile.

To be absolutely safe make sure you are still on 1.47 (use the Steam beta system),
make a manual backup save,
sell any garages in Canada (buy another garage on the base map and transfer trucks to it, if necessary),
and only then update to 1.48 and load your profile in the new version.

If you do not own garages in Canada, there is no need to do anything special. Just play without the mod until it's ready.

decumanusmaximus

02 Aug 2023 16:14

Thanks for the quick & informative reply!

Nige_UK

17 Aug 2023 19:25

The only other issue I found (with ATS and ETS2) is that map and truck navigation mods which have add-ons specifically to work with ProMods can make the world map not work properly.
For example, there's a Google maps mod which has an extra mod to align with ProMods and (naturally) messes up the map when ProMods isn't there.

Millennium Falcon

24 Nov 2023 17:26

decumanusmaximus wrote:
02 Aug 2023 05:08
Is there any reason I need to wait for a compatible version of ProMods before playing ATS? Any concerns about my save file? Etc.
What I did was I launched the game, any Garages and HQ will not be present...
It will automatically prompt you to move your HQ as it can't find current one, but your BC Garages will be shown as Unknown and all trucks and drivers assigned there will be inactive...

I moved my HQ (To Salt Lake City) and I moved all drivers and trucks as well and reassigned them to new Garage location and everything is running well.

However, as much as I love ProMods BC, I won't be moving my HQ or any trucks/drivers there to avoid going through this every time game gets a new update.

Cheers!!!
Last edited by Millennium Falcon on 24 Nov 2023 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information