[CLOSED] Northern Ireland Rebuilding (NIR)

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
bogdac
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2023 09:16

Sorry my friend, but how is it nasty? I believe the user is only saying that he has not tried your map.

ETS2-User
Developer

01 Feb 2023 11:28

Report it? For what? He even implies that the map is good when he says he doesn't know why he hasn't tried it before.

Heads-up: You can't force praise and the feedback you wish to receive. Your map is comparatively small and therefore by nature not as attractive to many casual players who aren't that involved in the community. It may be great mapping, but it's also relatively hard to find for people who come home from school or work every day and just want a relaxing drive instead of searching the internet for new mods and making them work everyday. Also, principles of the free market, democracy etc.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

bogdac
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2023 12:33

I believe that this is just a simple misunderstanding. I doubt if English is Septians first language, and he has mistaken the phrase "never used the map" for "never use the map" BTW I think its a great map, with good detail👍😊

Septian_MR

01 Feb 2023 14:16

bogdac wrote:
01 Feb 2023 09:16
Sorry my friend, but how is it nasty? I believe the user is only saying that he has not tried your map.
Yeah, I am sorry. It should be my misunderstanding since there were additional word "LOL" (I know it means laughing) and "...don't know why." which I though were expressed in bad way. But there's no particular word above explained that the map is good though (?)
ETS2-User wrote:
01 Feb 2023 11:28
...You can't force praise and the feedback you wish to receive. Your map is comparatively small and therefore by nature not as attractive to many casual players who aren't that involved in the community. It may be great mapping, but it's also relatively hard to find for people who come home from school or work every day and just want a relaxing drive instead of searching the internet for new mods and making them work everyday. Also, principles of the free market, democracy etc.
Nah, then you are misunderstanding with this one! I am completely aware that this map is small and just released less than 3 months ago, so it is completely understand that this map is not getting much noticed (yet) by the community for now. But in reality, there are few map mods that get more attention even though it's also comparatively small in size like you said.

True, free market, democracy, or whatever it's called, is exist. And I am not forcing anyone like this map. But whatever... you will not understand the effort and struggle to get more recognition and reach more from community.
bogdac wrote:
01 Feb 2023 12:33
....I doubt if English is Septians first language, and he has mistaken the phrase "never used the map" for "never use the map" BTW I think its a great map, with good detail👍😊
Yes English is not my first languange. But anyway, I really appreciate your video. Only hope there will be more people know about this map. Thank you very much :)

OMNI du 31
Developer

01 Feb 2023 14:26

Tbh, I have got too little time to try out other maps as a player as I spend most of my time for this game with mapping and testing.

As someone who tried out the Dublin Rebuild, Java Road Revolution and NIR, basically, I appreciate your mapping style as from what I see, your main concerns are quality, accuracy and leaving some room to "breathe" while doing all of them.

However, my main concern is that in all of them, I can only get around 40-45 FPS while in the newest areas made by both SCS and ProMods, this value usually converges to 60 FPS. Having said that, in my humble opinion, the only thing you have to is just to work on optimisation more.
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

Septian_MR

01 Feb 2023 15:36

Yes, me too. I (personally) didn't have much time to try any other maps (I mean in game profile. Usually I have satisfied enough by looking it only from map editor). Also it's true everyone has each own mapping style. Even all map mods I made until now have some weakness. Optimization problem and stuff is actually from the game engine alone in my opinion. I have tried doing many ways to optimize the map (added many "cut plane" and "visibility area" items, tweaked distance setting on many map objects, low-poly model replacements, etc.) but it's still not succeeded.

However no matter how good you made the map mod, if community is not interested and decide not using the map you made, it will be such HUGE WASTE of your time and effort. It is the only problem I have this time. Many people recommended JRR Indonesia map (for example), but in fact they won't use it just because that map is too small, too far from Europe, and looking too strange as they never been in Indonesia as real life. You know, even Indonesian community prefer more using other Indonesian map that having big map scale and longer roads than JRR one. It really hurts for me honestly.

I am sorry if this will be off-topic, it should be about NIR map topic...

dorianpok

01 Feb 2023 18:46

it is a good map , cover the entire island mate.

Vinnie Terranova

01 Feb 2023 21:30

Septian_MR wrote:
01 Feb 2023 15:36
However no matter how good you made the map mod, if community is not interested and decide not using the map you made, it will be such HUGE WASTE of your time and effort.
You don't have to feel obligated to create map mods for us, the community. The only thing that should matter to you is yourself: having fun creating map mods. The community should be on the second place. But in the first place: all that matter is that you are having fun creating map mods.

Septian_MR

02 Feb 2023 01:21

Surely the first aspect you mentioned has been fulfilled on me : I still enjoy and having fun making map mods. Otherwise I have stopped it for long time.

But when you decide to share the map mod you have made, it feels very strange if there is no such feedback from others. No matter if they will say it's good map or bad map, at least the map creator feels relieved that his own map get noticed.

Maybe for some especially who are "not skilled enough making map mod" won't care this much (like, I don't care if this map looks "not good" but at least others will download and use it anyway and I enjoy it). But for me who (personally) care about map quality more, of course it will be such disappointment knowing my map is getting ignored and others still choose other map that unfortunately has questionable map quality. This is the part that you will not understand.

ETS2-User
Developer

02 Feb 2023 07:08

Well, you're getting lots of positive feedback here now. And there's no lower quality Ireland map in the way taking the praise. ;)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information