[CLOSED] Northern Ireland Rebuilding (NIR)

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
rubthelamp

02 Feb 2023 14:19

I think the issue with not getting feedback is at least partly related to where they are posted. The ProMods and SCS forums are some of the most toxic places I have ever visited on the internet unfortunately.

For this reason, I think most players who enjoy these maps don't post on either of these places. Unfortunately, they seem to be filled with trolls, arrogant members and even nasty staffers in some cases.

The map is fantastic and I am enjoying playing it and watching it develop. The same is the case with all your work. I hope you stay motivated to keep it growing. Thank you.

Septian_MR

02 Feb 2023 16:55

ETS2-User wrote:
02 Feb 2023 07:08
Well, you're getting lots of positive feedback here now. And there's no lower quality Ireland map in the way taking the praise. ;)
Yeah, simply because there're only few Ireland map mods ever released so far, including this map. But pretty sure that most of the community rather want only the SCS version of Ireland.

Nonetheless, I seriously remind you that I am not here to moan while desperately asking the praise from everyone at the first place. I literally never said that I "force" everyone to give feedback about this map. If you take a look on this post (viewtopic.php?p=344033#p344033) I only wished there is video preview about this map so that more people will know about this map. Then the next post I was mad about a comment from a video which I consider as "nasty" but you (and the video creator) didn't find it as nasty comment at all.

If you questioned only about "that nasty comment" then just stick to it, not added more "Heads-up : don't force to bla...bla...bla..." which I disagree a lot. Please don't be misunderstand! You sounded so arrogant toward me at this rate.
rubthelamp wrote:
I think the issue with not getting feedback is at least partly related to where they are posted. The ProMods and SCS forums are some of the most toxic places I have ever visited on the internet unfortunately.
For this reason, I think most players who enjoy these maps don't post on either of these places. Unfortunately, they seem to be filled with trolls, arrogant members and even nasty staffers in some cases.
I have to say that I quite agree with you. Recently on all forum sites (actually) look very unfriendly, at least for myself. I also have (kind of) trust issue toward everyone. No matter who they are, even I can't trust all staffs/team members from this forum site too.

But thank you anyway. It may still not easy for me to keep motivated making map mod but I will keep doing the best as usual. I am doing it not only for my own satisfaction but also for everyone. If they enjoy playing and using the map, it will be a great bonus for me as well.

Frate
Donation rank:

02 Feb 2023 18:00

Some people seem to not know or forget how much time it takes to map something. It takes months, sometimes even over a year to make something as high quality as you did.

Even if most people don't say it directly to you, a lot of people appreciate your work.
JRR has almost 12k downloads on Trucky and is the 5th most downloaded map mod and despite it being pretty new, NIR already has over 5k downloads at the moment, but I think at some point, it will surpass JRR, since it's a lot closer to Europe.

JRR and NIR are quality wise definitely one of the best mods out there and hopefully you won't get demotivated by some people who can't appreciate that.

Most people do not use forums and just download the map. Also on their behalf, let me say thank you and keep up the good work

AndyTapster

02 Feb 2023 20:19

I'm not going to change a word of what Frate wrote there, I'm 100% in agreement.

Loving both maps, and I'm REALLY happy that there is new life being put into Ireland!

ScuL
Founder

02 Feb 2023 22:00

rubthelamp wrote:
The ProMods and SCS forums are some of the most toxic places I have ever visited on the internet unfortunately.
The SCS forums are by far the most toxic platform in this entire community operated by a pack of narcissistic power hungry pricks
(note that the SCS forum moderators are not paid employees by SCS and have nothing to do with the company - therefore this is not a rant against SCS)

I can't however say the same about our community here. We try very hard to banish inappropriate behaviour and our staff will always try and help where they can
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2023 13:26

ETS2-User wrote:
01 Feb 2023 11:28
Report it? For what? He even implies that the map is good when he says he doesn't know why he hasn't tried it before.
Correct. I don't understand that either.
Septian_MR wrote:
02 Feb 2023 16:55
ETS2-User wrote:
02 Feb 2023 07:08
Well, you're getting lots of positive feedback here now. And there's no lower quality Ireland map in the way taking the praise. ;)
Yeah, simply because there're only few Ireland map mods ever released so far, including this map. But pretty sure that most of the community rather want only the SCS version of Ireland.

Nonetheless, I seriously remind you that I am not here to moan while desperately asking the praise from everyone at the first place. I literally never said that I "force" everyone to give feedback about this map. If you take a look on this post (viewtopic.php?p=344033#p344033) I only wished there is video preview about this map so that more people will know about this map. Then the next post I was mad about a comment from a video which I consider as "nasty" but you (and the video creator) didn't find it as nasty comment at all.

If you questioned only about "that nasty comment" then just stick to it, not added more "Heads-up : don't force to bla...bla...bla..." which I disagree a lot. Please don't be misunderstand! You sounded so arrogant toward me at this rate.
You had several users give you praise and motivation, and facts behind number of downloads etc. And you took one comment to heart :shock:

It sounds like you do need praise constantly, and you think in extremes. And there's nothing wrong with that, you're just constantly repeating the same point, and I can't really understand what is your point. ProMods forum has 1,860,558 registered members and hundreds of daily users. This topic has been viewed 3000 times since you posted it in January. Be happy - maths doesn't lie.

Words like arrogant and hate are strong words to use. I suspect that English as a second language serves a challenge here.

Why isn't this map part of ProMods? Have you fallen out with ProMods? This improves existing sectors of an outdated ProMods map really well.

Perhaps ProMods should start endorsing maps by associates on their social media?
ScuL wrote:
rubthelamp wrote:
The ProMods and SCS forums are some of the most toxic places I have ever visited on the internet unfortunately.
The SCS forums are by far the most toxic platform in this entire community operated by a pack of narcissistic power hungry pricks
(note that the SCS forum moderators are not paid employees by SCS and have nothing to do with the company - therefore this is not a rant against SCS)

I can't however say the same about our community here. We try very hard to banish inappropriate behaviour and our staff will always try and help where they can
That I can agree on, minus the latter of the first sentence. I have seen the shit storm in the ProMods topic that was entirely out of context. There are a lot of SCS staff that 'lurk' these threads, best not to put them in one basket.

SCS Forum should be taken down, and replaced with a Reddit community by SCS, that is heavily moderated. The era of forums is a bygone era. Reddit also doesn't attract children, and there's many of them over at SCS forum, or in the very least, childish minds that do not know how to engage in debates.

Septian_MR

03 Feb 2023 17:18

BarrGDA wrote:
03 Feb 2023 13:26
....And you took one comment to heart
It sounds like you do need praise constantly, and you think in extremes. And there's nothing wrong with that, you're just constantly repeating the same point, and I can't really understand what is your point. ProMods forum has 1,860,558 registered members and hundreds of daily users. This topic has been viewed 3000 times since you posted it in January. Be happy - maths doesn't lie.
What?? You really don't understand my point here? You are completely wrong at all, sorry to say.

Please read again what I said from this line :
...I am not here moaning while desperately asking the praise from everyone at the first place. I literally never said that I "force" everyone to give feedback about this map. If you take a look on this post (viewtopic.php?p=344033#p344033) I only wished there is video preview about this map so that more people will know about this map. Then the next post I was mad about a comment from a video which I consider as "nasty" but you (and the video creator) didn't find it as nasty comment at all.
Now please take a look at my earlier post from here (still from this viewtopic.php?p=344033#p344033) :
I really hope there is any new video (from Youtube) anything about this new update of NIR Map (0.40) from you all. Feels very sad since I can't find it anymore
See... It was only a HOPE (not "forcing anyone!") that I need someone to make a video about this map so that everyone else knows about it. Even if nobody did, I am still fine.

Then a video creator Bogdac shared his video and I really appreciate it. But when I watched his video I found only a comment there (from here viewtopic.php?p=344062#p344062) Hence the video creator questioned where's the problem? Until ETS2-User came and said the same, but unexpectedly he added a "heads-up" accusing me that I only want a praise and sick of seeing kind of hate from only a comment. That's why I very disagree and corrected him to keep out from misunderstanding.
....And I am not forcing anyone like this map. But whatever... you will not understand the effort and struggle to get more recognition and reach more from community.
I think this one from myself leaded more misunderstanding until the next post replies from others are mostly about "thirsty of praise" and stuff.

Now please prove to me, Mr. BarrGDA, where is the particular words from me said "Please you have to give me a praise or I will die" ?? Where, huh? None.
Next time, please don't judge someone easily. Read again carefully (though I admit there're some wrong grammar thing) before make a statement. Okay?
Why isn't this map part of ProMods? Have you fallen out with ProMods? This improves existing sectors of an outdated ProMods map really well.
I do not have any problem with ProMods team. Otherwise why I am still here and decided making a rework map from ProMods then?

KarimPopa1

03 Feb 2023 19:53

Will there be any other project made by you in the future, aside from Northern Ireland Rebuild?

Vinnie Terranova

03 Feb 2023 21:57

OMNI du 31 wrote:
01 Feb 2023 14:26
However, my main concern is that in all of them, I can only get around 40-45 FPS while in the newest areas made by both SCS and ProMods, this value usually converges to 60 FPS.
I think for a trucking game 40-45 FPS should be enough?

rubthelamp

03 Feb 2023 23:35

ScuL wrote:
rubthelamp wrote:

That's fair. To clarify, it was indeed the staff at the scs forum I was referring to with 'even some of the staff' . I haven't had a bad experience with the staff here.

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information