Greece Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
mtrmarivaldotadeu
Donation rank:

20 Feb 2023 17:09

very nice!

Scorpiors

21 Feb 2023 00:24

Very nice indeed. Good luck OMni, with your new project. I hope to drive there soon. Looks nice already! Keep Up the good work. ;)
I Play euro truck simulator for fun, and I find the game and promods very cool! I love it!!!
And Uses promods sinds 1.35.

jakers038

21 Feb 2023 23:52

Are there any (at least distant) plans for the south half and going towards Athens?

The Komotini part is nice and I'm happy Greece isn't abandoned, but honestly that area already looks far better than some paid DLC's (khm Budapest khm) and there's so many more interesting places in Greece such Athens and it's huge Piraeus port, Crete and Peloponesse with their winding mountain roads, the Athens - Corinth highway that has the same atmosphere as Almeria with mountains on one and beaches on the other side, the iconic Rio Antirio bridge, infinite islands,etc. and it would be great to see these in the game in the future, be it with Promods or SCS.

OMNI du 31
Developer

22 Feb 2023 01:07

Thank you for your kind words. I think at this stage, connecting our content in Greece to West Balkans DLC when it gets released and perhaps reworking our existing content in Greece would be in higher priority. But don't take my word as an announcement. I'm just someone who believes in credibility through transparency :D
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

MiniMe943

22 Feb 2023 10:38

From the perspective of a non-developer, I can't really imagine choosing now to start any major development in Greece. With SCS making gradual progress towards the Aegean, I'm more than fine with ProMods devs focusing on maintaining existing areas.

I'm just hoping I won't have to wait too long for Patras.

OMNI du 31
Developer

22 Feb 2023 11:43

It's a strange feeling, really. One day, you see many things are fine. But you wake up the next day and see many content suddenly got old
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

OMNI du 31
Developer

08 Mar 2023 14:44

More progress from Komotini :)

Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

makgreece
Donation rank:

08 Mar 2023 23:51

Very nice progress!

Shiva

09 Mar 2023 19:41

Thumbs up.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

OMNI du 31
Developer

21 Apr 2023 21:32

Dear fellow truckers,

As some of you have already seen in the #development-news channel of our Discord server, we have started to revisit our content in Greece with a nearby city: Alexandroupoli. This coastal city offers a lovely ride through some real Greek authenticity with cafés and kiosks all along the Vasileos Alexandrou boulevard, the lighthouse of Alexandroupoli, the Alexandroupoli beach, the airport and so on and so forth.

Hence, as we always aim realism with efficient performance at ProMods, it was an out-of-question duty to depict the city's true atmosphere in the most user-friendly way possible :)

Compared to Komotini, I can say the development is going easier thanks to me getting truly familiar with Greece and due to working in my own plan this time. However, I must say that this one will take longer due to my responbisilities in real life. So, it is always the best to believe in our official development threads rather than some conspiracy channels on YouTube.

We are also aware that many of you would like to see Greece finished one day. And perhaps even some of you would prefer us to leave our existing content as it is and expand towards the south. However, the truth is, Greece is probably at least 5 years old. And at ProMods, having a country with 2 completely different styles is not something we generally wish for. For this reason, we believe that revisiting our existing content in Greece is more crucial before getting into any expansion so that our old content can catch up today's standards. You will definitely understand when Komotini gets ready.
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information