Blocked When Trying to Report a Bug

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Taciturn Hermit

09 Nov 2022 02:55

Hey all.

I seem to be having a bit of an issue with the Promods forum. I went to report a bug in the ETS2 Promods bug report section, but when I tried to post the thread, I got a cloudfare message saying I was blocked, and that I should contact the admins with the Cloudfare Ray ID listed at the bottom of the page.

Is anyone able to assist with this perchance? Thanks in advance for any aid.

EDIT Update: I tried the topic again and this time it went through, I wonder if it might be because I put the game log in a pastebin link rather than into the topic itself? Thing is, the forum gave me no warning that I was over the character limit for a post, and the error screen I got said nothing about it either, so I don't know whether that was the case or not.

Either way, the bug report is at least filed now.

ScuL
Founder

09 Nov 2022 04:25

Sometimes those links have a lot of garble in the URL and the cloudflare mechanism sees it as an injection/SQL/database hack therefore you get blocked
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Taciturn Hermit

09 Nov 2022 04:58

Oh right, so it was the content from the log file not the post length which likely caused the issue? Okay that explains it yeah, thanks very much for the response^^ I'll probably post all my log files to pastebin in future in that case, even if they're only short ones.

ScuL
Founder

09 Nov 2022 12:08

Yes that is the likely reason
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information