[REL] Bulgaria in Focus 1.10 [1.49]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
satyricon84

20 Nov 2022 14:55

arayas wrote:
18 Nov 2022 15:35
Can you explain "Quality over quantity"? Have you ever used Roextended? Or you just write posts randomly? If you dont use the map...great, no problem....i can sleep very well at night for that reason, but its better to respect any work in this community, either you like it or not (or ever use it).

And ...to be on topic ... after Balkan West Roex is gonna add a lot of area in Bulgaria so dont worry about Roex compatibility, it will be gone pretty soon.
Yes I've used and I didn't like it. I didn't disrespect your work, I just said it's better quality over quantity. Or are you saying your map is at the same level of quality of promods one?

arayas

20 Nov 2022 19:44

:lol: :lol: yeah, i never expected anything else here. I'm sure you have used Roex a lot, i can see that from your question :lol: :lol:
Play your map and be happy, i just wanted to give a heads up related to the question asked by the topic owner.
Otherwise, is the only forum where is ok to shit all over all other maps, so i am not surprised.

I am gonna exit now, no need to answer.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

satyricon84

20 Nov 2022 20:56

I used it enough to see that's not a map for me. As i said I prefer the quality and even if the Romania part of your map was nice, driving in Ukraine just gave me the feeling I was using the old TSM map. Maybe now you improved it, who knows, I don't use since two years...but with this attitude for sure I'm not interested to give a try and I'm sure you're not interested in it either, as long as you can count on a fanbase from those countries not touched by Promods yet so everybody is happy like this. For being somebody who sleeps well at night, you spend a lot of time to intervene everytime somebody doesn't like your map.

No need to answer

arrahik

22 Nov 2022 22:25

Damn guys no need to throw shade at each other like that :(

gmtavares

23 Nov 2022 18:04

Not to back-seat moderate, but I think that we should focus again on "Bulgaria in Focus". Each user can play whatever mods they wish and we should leave it at that.

I think that if you are not able to work for now and knowing indeed that RoEx will add areas in Bulgaria after Balkan West DLC, as per @arayas' statement, I think going for BG+ compatibility, or even integration into a single mod, would be overall beneficial for the community.

I think integration into a single mod is beneficial. So much so that I turned over the Lviv Oblast Add-on to Deidra's Ukraine Expansion.

So, if that would at all be a possibility, to make a single Bulgarian add-on, perhaps also involving Bulgaria Rework, it would be, in my view, quite beneficial for the community at large.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

arrahik

23 Nov 2022 19:33

I think so too, but idk how possible that is. Each mod dev has their own ideas, wishes and ways of doing things I assume. I'd love to see the 3 Bulgaria mods being compatible with each other tho.

OMNI du 31
Developer

24 Nov 2022 00:28

Okay, I have seen enough. Given that technically my map adds only one city and reworks all the signs in Bulgaria, it is flattering to be compared to one of the major maps in this community no matter what. Here, I must clarify some things.

- First things first, this is just a hobby for me. I started this thing as a pure interest in mapping and Bulgaria seemed to be an ideal place to work in tranquillity. First, nothing had touched there except PM Bulgaria. Second, a relatively small country. Third, RttBS is a recent DLC, so, I took this as it wouldn't require so much effort and so on and so forth. And honestly, if the images I showcased were not liked, I really was going to abandon the idea quickly. However, surprisingly, the images received many positive feedbacks and I decided to continue. Then, two gentlemen from the country showed up to work in the same country and ever since, all I witness is either opinions of merger or some sort a competition while I have been only searching for some tranquillity. I mean, it has always been crystal clear that I was not going to remain with only one city. However, I must also underline that I never claim any territory.

- Like I said, this is just a hobby for me. This means that my logic is and has always been: "Hey guys, I did something to improve my gameplay and if you also want to try it out, here is the link and check out for yourselves." and it shall remain this way. This is the first reason why I am against such a merger idea. Because my main focus is my own satisfaction from my own gameplay. I think from this statement, you should also understand that I am in no rush in releasing new content for each game version. I just follow my own rhythm and say "It's ready when it's ready".

- Like I said, Bulgaria is a small country. So, this journey will come to an end soon or later. For this reason, forming a team for such a small place (especially to make a map add-on) is, in my humble opinion, not a great idea. In addition, it definitely isn't sustainable.

- Let's say such a team/merger is established. I see everyone forgets what happened to Poland Rebuilding.

- "After Balkan West, the map is gonna expand to Bulgaria". If I were terrified by getting overwritten by any map, I wouldn't work in a city for weeks. A Romanian city where another map also touches. Even if I didn't do anything in the Romanian soil, the case would be the same. Because I just don't pay attention on maps I don't use. I mean, any map...

TL;DR I don't wanna hear anything about the map which BG+ is compared to and merger anymore. I'm good this way. And this is just my personal hobby.

Ajouté 8 minutes 15 secondes après :
P.S. - I forgot to say that I had already told @emhogg a long time ago that he could do whatever he wants if he wishes compatibility. On the other hand, as much as RoEx is optional according to its creator's statements in his forum; ProMods, RusMap, Bulgaria+, Bulgaria in Focus, Dobrudja Extended etc. (basically, every single mod ever created) are optional, as well. Hence, no one is forced neither to use them nor to avoid them.
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

kevin32NL
Donation rank:

24 Nov 2022 23:10

dont read all comments as people talk with no respect i am not one who joins crap like that. i am using BG+ and this map but it needs an patch update for 1.46 but if i am right thats not gonna happen or ? and doing something that 5 people are doing and having 5 maps that doesnt work for the game and for us to complicated so to choose to work with BG+ i would recommend for sure. then you both can work faster on 1 map and provide better connections and quality. keep the great work going i respect all of you who make maps its pretty hard i have seen something i would love to do but i dont have the patience for it haha

arrahik

29 Nov 2022 18:16

I think OMNI explained very respectfully why it's not going to happen. As I said, each dev has their own goals and ways of doing things, there's no need to combine all of those mods. I'm only hoping that they're at least compatible with each other.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 29 Nov 2022 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, DO NOT quote the post above yours

emhogg

03 Dec 2022 23:59

I have made the decision to please as many people as possible by making 2 versions.

- GLOBAL
- BGPLUS

Using the GLOBAL version in any load order that DOES NOT include BG+ to ensures compatibility.
Using the BGPLUS version in any load order that DOES include BG+ ensures compatibility.

IF you wish to use Bulgaria in Focus, BG+, ROEX and North Macedonia together

either:
- Download an older version of BG+ and put the GLOBAL version above BG+.
- Delete any conflicting sectors from BG+ put the BGPLUS version above BG+.

Please let me know what you think and whether I should just make it simple and post either one.
Last edited by emhogg on 04 Dec 2022 00:35, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information