Japan HQ Sat Background Map

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Melphiz

21 Feb 2022 07:51

Since ProjectJapan had been updated to 1.43, I thought it was time for a bit fancier background.

Of course as ProjectJapan's placement of cities or its map projection aren't 100% aligned everywhere, so is mine as I did not change it.

To complete the full texture, I filled it all with satellite images, but I darkened the non-Japan parts (Korea, China, Russia) to keep the focus on Japan.

Downloads:
Prefecture Names in Kanji (Japanese) - Trucky Mods
Prefecture Names in Latin (English) - Trucky Mods
Last edited by Melphiz on 28 Feb 2022 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

LAFAYET47
Donation rank:

21 Feb 2022 10:43

Thank you for sharing with us this background. I see there's another one very similar in the RoExtended forum, but yours have the Prefecture's names. Maybe you could translate them into English for those of us not familiarised with Japanese language? :D

Melphiz

21 Feb 2022 15:35

That will be possible, I think. Of course the font will be smaller then. I was struggling to decide in Japanese already whether I stick to the ProjectJapan original short names or use the official ones (which would be the Kanji for "prefecture" after each name), so I will have to think about that for english, too. Because those are prefectures of course and maybe foreign players could get confused if they have Osaka as city and Osaka (without the word "prefecture") on the map area for example.

Melphiz

28 Feb 2022 22:50

English named prefectures background map has been added.

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information