Custom map background not showing in game (ATS)

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
digitalxak

23 Jan 2022 18:00

I haven't really touched the Editor since 1.40 so things may have changed.

I have a custom background in the map editor, but when I load it in to the game to play (in game, not editor "game") I see the USA map on the left and my city on the right in a large grey mass.

Here's a screenshot of the problem.

https://i.imgur.com/l5vEoQd.jpg

Is it just a naming issue I need to change somewhere? I can upload the mod if needs be. I am using editor_data_custom.sui.

Code: Select all

# Modders: Use this file to add your own map specification.

bcg_map_name[]: "/map/visionz.mbd"
	bcg_material[]: "/material/editor/sanville.mat"
	bcg_size_x[]: 100000
	bcg_size_y[]: 100000
	bcg_offset_x[]: 0
	bcg_offset_y[]: 0
If you need more info just ask and I'll provide it. I did remember reading something about the .mbd needs to be usa.mbd, but I checked Australia Outback map and that looks fine in game (has the background of Australia with cities where they should be.)

Why is mine different?

To clarify visionz is the map name and the .mbd I load, there is no background, tobj or .mat file called "visionz" or does there need to be? Does it need to match somewhere?

Sanville is the country name, .dds name and tobj name in the editor/material folders.

Edit: I forgot to include material/ui/map files, I added a background there but it's small and in the middle and when I zoom in it disappears.. Do I need to do all 5 map files with zoomed in areas? How on earth am I meant to line up 5 different areas of the map image?

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information