Having to pay each time

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
ShockDiamondz

17 Jul 2021 22:16

I have no issue with needing to pay to download and help fund either the development or the hosting. But surely, once I've paid once I shouldn't have to pay again to download as soon as there is another update? Charge me £5 a year or something which covers all updates, because right now in order to have a download which doesn't take the rest of time, and when you release an update as per Canada for ATS for example, I'm paying again on the same account having only paid a few days ago to download the pre-1.41 version.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

18 Jul 2021 09:11

You don't pay for the mod, but for the download bandwidth. Means when you used your download the bandwidth has been used up so you have to pay again. The mod itself is free.
Also, our paid download provider PayLoadz doesn't support "pay for multiple downloads to use them whenever you want" since the links expire after some time.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

ScuL
Founder

18 Jul 2021 12:03

Your support is appreciated for ongoing longevity of ProMods. If we were to provide lifetime free downloads then eventually the accumulated costs would be higher than the incomes to support the costs of the infrastructure.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information