Hello from an aspiring map modder

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
jonnytruckeruk

30 Apr 2021 22:11

I'm initially here to learn the best way to add roads and functional towns to the base Europe map, specifically the UK.

I'd like to acquire the skills necessary to add a couple of main roads in Yorkshire (where there is basically nothing north of Sheffield) and a couple of small towns / cities. I also have ambitions to add a basic road structure and a ferry port to Arran, along with a couple of destinations. I don't expect to do this in anything like 1:1, trying to keep to a similar scale as the rest of the map, however I suspect Arran may need to be expanded to a larger scale than normal in order to fit in the scenery and such. I only intend to use existing assets to begin with, perhaps later I'd like to add custom building and street furniture models (I have basic experience with blender).

Ultimately I'd like to be able to share the results with anyone who's interested.

So yes, I'll be looking for beginner advice on those small tasks! Any pointers in the right direction would be very much appreciated, thanks.

ScuL
Founder

03 May 2021 05:17

Welcome and good luck with your modding aspirations. Please have a look in the ProMods Academy forums. There is also a lot of help available on our Discord.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Introductions”

• Information