Hello from Vanc. Island

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Sabrecho

08 Feb 2021 17:23

Hey guys, I am Sabrecho (SAY-bur-ch'oh). I haven't even driven in the new content yet, but I'm asking myself questions like "Do these guys have a Patreon page?"

As you can tell from the Subject, I live on Vancouver Island. Grew up in Victoria for 35 years, but now Nanaimo is my home. Naturally, I've gotta ask, is it possible to expand the map just a little. The Washington DLC includes a ferry found in Everett... To drive around the area of the Inner Harbour, Downtown Victoria, Mayfair Mall and Uptown would take me on a beautiful nostalgia trip. And if I could buy an ATS Garage in the Harewood area of Nanaimo... (groans with pleasure).

Once again though, is there a Patreon page by which I could bribe... I mean support you guys? ;)

Shiva

08 Feb 2021 17:49

I think I read that Vancouver Island is planned to be done in the future. But when? I do not know.

Patreon page? No.
But ProMods does have a PayPal Donate button.
At the bottom of the forum.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

NickInCanada

10 Feb 2021 08:26

Vancouver Island will be featured in a future version, one of the devs confirmed that when I asked. It will be interesting to see how they make Nanaimo and especially Victoria considering the various ferry terminals that service trucks. I guess the Black Ball takes trucks although I don't know the American ferries nearly as well as BC ferries, so if the do decide to put it in, the inner harbour would have to exist. Considering that SCS modelled the Port Angeles side to be fully functional I would hope they make it if that is realistic. In Nanaimo I could see them omitting one of the two terminals as they both serve basically the same area which are two places even closer together in game, but it would be nice to have both. Bellingham and Vancouver are compressed together more so that much of the other distances represented in the map so this may prove a problem for the distance between Victoria and Nanaimo. It will be interesting to see on an island full of relatively small towns what makes it and what doesn't. I could see something like Duncan being included if there is space.

Shiva

10 Feb 2021 18:36

Victoria and Nanaimo? I think those 2 would be less troublesome than what Bellingham and Vancouver are.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

NickInCanada

10 Feb 2021 22:05

You have a point since Nanaimo basically is level latitude with Vancouver and Victoria is between Bellingham and Seattle, and Bellingham is relatively large scale compared to the other cities.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 11 Feb 2021 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

Shiva

10 Feb 2021 23:59

+ Bellingham, due to the other cities of WA, is very close to Canada border. Ingame.
Port Angeles ingame, is place so that there is space for Victoria BC. Atleast in the unmodded game.
I can't check out ProMods BC, due to being on 1.40Beta.

flight8050

03 Mar 2021 21:58

I'm waiting for Vancouver Island myself. To get more usage out of Port Angeles is what I'm excited for. Not to mention ATS's first island once ProMods starts it off. If we got Victoria up to Nanaimo only, I'd be really content. We should be getting Option D in the next update hopefully. Vancouver Island will come when it comes but being able to take a ferry from Nanaimo to Vancouver/Horseshoe Bay. That will be pretty sweet. I wonder if ProMods will try to squeeze Sqartz Bay and/or Duncan in there.Duncan is between Victoria and Nanaimo. Perhaps just the Walmart, Home Depot and Best Buy depots exist. But Swartz could bypass Nanaimo and go to Vancouver.

NickInCanada

07 Mar 2021 21:52

I imagine Swartz Bay to some capacity has to be added to the map in order for the island and Victoria to function properly. I expect that due to scaling they may give it similar treatment to the Massey Tunnel and might be right in town, but considering how important and busy that ferry route is, it has to be included. I mean the trucks would come from Deltaport (which is already partially modelled) and then go down the street, hop on the ferry, and deliver shipped goods to the island. As a testament to how important that route is, I've been on BC Ferries quite a few times now and all but once was on that route. The only outlier is the one time I did Nanaimo Horseshoe bay which we may get a preview glimpse of when they rework West Vancouver for the connection to the Option D map. Will be excited to see it regardless.

KeaganExtremeGaming

29 Mar 2021 01:53

one thing that i really want to be added is western speedway for some oval races and if i can master drifting do that in a video game before it closes next year. and maybe do some drag racing on the front straight

Niko_4000

19 Aug 2022 03:13

I know Vancouver Island will be added, but when? I've been waiting for a little while now and the suspense is still killing me! And along side that, I want to know what ferry systems will be added! Awesome mod, and thank you.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information