Polar Sunset Nights (No Night Mode)

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Grattanus

19 Dec 2020 02:55

Hi, I don't know if it's the right place to share, but I juste made a little mod (my first one !!), for those who like to watch the beautiful landscapes while driving and who can't see anything at night, or those who lag at night.
In this mod, the sun never sets down, the night is frozen into an eternal sunset/sunrise, as it normally does above the polar circle (Iceland for example), making the night much clearly visible and brighter, also beautiful with the colourful sunset.
The day is normally lightened.

It should be compatible with any maps and any other weather mod.
Works with 1.37 and above
This mod is inspired by an old one made by piva

https://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/28yysk8kcyrb/JourPolaire.scs.html

Have a good day/night and drive safe !

dkokales
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2021 04:37

Nice idea! I too prefer seeing the scenery. Most enjoyable part of the game IMHO.

DaFuse

21 Mar 2021 23:41

Does it only affect places above the arctic circle or does it affect the whole map?

AlconburyBlues

06 Oct 2021 11:14

This mod instantly became part of my "mandatory" list. It made my driving so much more enjoyable. Night driving might be realistic. But boring and sleepy, as you can't see anything anyway. And it still works in 1.41! Plus this mod seems to stretch out the sunsets and sunrises making them much more enjoyable as well.

I have yet to test this in ATS though. Trying it now.....

TIP: You might want to consider re-releasing it, and putting it in the Steam Workshop. As it is very hard to find, and not too many people know about it. (I would be you first groupie, LOL) I would state in the description: Are you bored of night driving? Are you a scenery lover, or a screenshot fanatic, or just plain enjoy driving during daylight? Then this is for you!

Rafaelkai

06 Oct 2021 15:08

+1 on the Steam Workshop idea. Also I think you should do an ATS one and a night mode one. Cheers!

Pear

08 Oct 2021 03:27

Very nice mod. I am not good driving at night so this is ideal for me, and it works on v1.41, thank you.
ΡΣΛЯ

AlconburyBlues

13 Oct 2021 23:43

Just update I did test this in ATS and it doesn't work. You get the familiar red background with the words Texture Missing all over the sky. But you only see this during the sunsets and sunrises. So I guess the sky map files in ETS2 are named differently than the ones in ATS. So it can't find them.

mabutudembele

06 Jun 2022 05:13

AlconburyBlues wrote:
06 Oct 2021 11:14
This mod instantly became part of my "mandatory" list. It made my driving so much more enjoyable. Night driving might be realistic. But boring and sleepy, as you can't see anything anyway. And it still works in 1.41! Plus this mod seems to stretch out the sunsets and sunrises making them much more enjoyable as well.

I have yet to test this in ATS though. Trying it now.....

TIP: You might want to consider re-releasing it, and putting it in the Steam Workshop. As it is very hard to find, and not too many people know about it. (I would be you first groupie, LOL) I would state in the description: Are you bored of night driving? Are you a scenery lover, or a screenshot fanatic, or just plain enjoy driving during daylight? Then this is for you!
No... it doesn't work on ETS2 1.41. I'm testing it without any other mods, and using full DLC. Still dark as hell.

[email protected]

01 Jul 2022 08:20

Can someone update this mod or can tell how to do it? I love driving at the day, and always have to keep looking for bed when dusk come... I was try to use that mod but it only change that night is during the day hours and opposite... I open it in notepad but have no idea what to change that will work with version 1.4x... :(

Pear

19 Sep 2022 23:59

Is this JourPolaire or something else? Because I put JourPolaire back in my mod list today and it still works in v1.45 for me. I have all DLC , a lot of other mods including Promods (of course) and it's still works.
ΡΣΛЯ

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information