Feedback on Canada 1.0

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Josh0

10 Dec 2020 13:50

As I said, none of the USA is reworked. Some roads are added for the connections to Canada.

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

10 Dec 2020 21:19

Now, that I've driven on all roads of the first Canada release, I must say I really don't want to go back driving in the US! ProMods driving experience never ceases to amaze! So much looking forward to future expansions, especially ajungrei's highway 99 pictures, they look phenomenal.

Oh, and I'm wondering, I found a hidden dirt road, I'm pretty sure there'll be more in the future, but, if possible, less bumpy?
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

oreotoast

10 Dec 2020 23:34

While I don't live in BC, I have personally driven on some of the highways included in this mod in real life, and I am completely blown away by the true-to-life scaled level of detail that is included in this mod. Extremely excited to see what the future of this project holds! Hopefully one day I may see a scaled recreation of my hometown in ATS!

Toplinepsycho

11 Dec 2020 19:49

Why is there km/h on the speedsigns and not mph?

erbkaiser
Donation rank:

11 Dec 2020 20:24

Because it's Canada, not USA. Canada finished metrication in 1985. Unlike the UK, they also apply it consistently to road speed limits.

tantalus

12 Dec 2020 20:59

Amazing job. It really feels like another DLC. Sadly i found real bad performance on Vernon and another city i cant remember.

NickInCanada

12 Dec 2020 23:51

I want to start by saying wow. That one word came to mind when I first hit the border and it never went away following that. This is any bit at least on par with SCS DLC to be honest. SCS likes to focus on a lot of custom made land marks these days with their 3D model development people and, of course, here at ProMods you may not have as much of that, but what I really appreciate is that in lieu of that, attention was paid in other places that count just as much that SCS doesn't do quite to the same degree. SCS has gotten much better with signs, traffic lights, and landforms for example, but ProMods has taken this to the next level. Whether it's the government signs at the border or the proper left turn arrow displayed by the correct design of traffic light or the mountains and how huge they are you guys have done it! I honestly wanted to stand up and just start clapping at my inanimate PC just because I felt like clapping at something for how good this is

There were 4 suggestions I wanted to make, 2 of which have to some capacity been addressed. One of those two was the mountains that tower over North Vancouver and I saw that this area is being worked on for a following version so this is not of any concern. The other was building density in downtown Vancouver, but I realize we are playing American Truck Simulator, not American Truck Slideshow so that's totally ok considering we have to drive in downtown unlike most of the American cities in game.

The other two are what would hopefully be simple adjustments.

The first may also be a performance hit depending on how it would be done so I am not sure if it even is possible, but the road going through Stanley Park prior to the Lion's Gate Bridge in Vancouver is not surrounded by either an accurate amount of trees or trees of quite the right look. The road itself is basically perfect for a 1:20 scale, the only thing missing is a bit of that feeling you get when you drive right though a piece of rain forest with massive trees. Even if it was just replace a few of the trees right against the road with taller evergreens and call it a day in light of performance that would be just fine. If doing anything would be a game performance issue, forget I brought it up. A small comparison, I have to note otherwise how good this road is represented:

The second issue is one that I know can be fixed. Part of it may involve reducing a few trees in some areas. Much of central BC is almost a desert very much like central Washington and Oregon. I see in game some areas where this is represented, but I feel like maybe it is not as widespread as it could be. For the most part it is simply the colour of the wild grass that is too green when it should be brown/yellow scrub grass and in some areas maybe forest that is a little too dense. I outlined on a map the rough area of desert-like scrubland that is currently in game on Google Earth where you can see the natural colour in the satellite image is dry brown. I also outlined in game where this area is and where needs to be could over in this respect. Out of what is outlined, some of it is already as it should be, Kamloops is pretty close, Princeton and Hwy 3 east of it are good, Osoyoos good because apple trees and vineyards make it look green in places. There are two areas that are more in question and that is north of Osoyoos to just south north of Vernon also including south of Osoyoos for a little bit and the other is the surrounding area of Merrit.
The land is accurately shaped and everything here, it just maybe doesn't look quite as dry and barren as it is in real. The easiest example is Kelowna.
This road here looks good and everything, just notice that in the real image of this road there isn't really any truly green grass to be found.
This one is Knox Mountain. The real one has some patches of evergreens on it, but it's not a full coverage forest like you would see in coastal BC as it is represented in game. This brown ground with patchy trees is a pretty typical look for this area I've outlined.

It this was all I could come up with for feedback this is a job more than well done, considering there are many places on SCS's map where I could say the same thing or where there are other things wrong. Thank you all at ProMods for putting in the tireless hours of work to get this out to us, and for free at that. It means so much to the ATS community, and especially us Canadians, to make a map of this beautiful country and do it so well so that it meshes in with the rest of the game as if it were meant to be a part of it right from the game devs. This has become and will probably always be my favourite ATS mod.

Oh one more, Granville Street Bridge has a chandelier under it! JK, I don't expect that to be in the game! :lol:

DPD1969

13 Dec 2020 05:08

This is my first time posting but wanted to say thanks for the introduction canada to ATS. I look forward to your contribution to this great mod. Than you again

Tahabk

07 Feb 2021 07:12

This Flying J truck stop could be added in city of Hope map.
63100 Flood Hope Rd, Hope, BC V0X 1L2

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information