[2.51] Navigation cache regenerating every time

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
gołomp
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2020 14:21

Log:
I use autumn mod and launch the game through TruckersMP. Promods 2.50 with Middle-East add-on.
I was playing a week ago and launched the game today only to be greeted by navigation cache generation. Earlier it happened mostly during loading the quicksave, autosaves were fine if I recall correctly.
I read the log and it said it couldn't find 10 garage spawn spots and this:

Code: Select all

00:00:33.595 : Road network navigation caching started.
00:00:34.152 : Cached navigation does not match the current state, ignoring
00:02:33.388 : <WARNING> Unable to find route from: company.volatile.norrsken.ciudadreal to bhv(ciudadreal)!
00:03:29.906 : <WARNING> Unable to find route from: company.volatile.bhv.ciudadreal to norrsken(ciudadreal)!
00:04:14.772 : Garage update started.
00:04:15.621 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (chisinau)
00:04:15.917 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (bacau)
00:04:16.585 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (krosno)
00:04:16.642 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (piatra)
00:04:16.774 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (sibiu)
00:04:17.115 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (oradea)
00:04:17.815 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (arad)
00:04:18.360 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (balti)
00:04:18.454 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (gdynia)
00:04:20.189 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (cluj)
I verified that there were no garages in those cities and deleted the garages from the save, after which the garage error dissappeared from the log.
I tried deleting the ETS2/cache folder and regen cache - didn't help.
I tried forcing economy reset - didn't work.

I started this save at Promods 2.41 @ ETS2 1.35 and played only on multiplayer.

gołomp
Donation rank:

21 Nov 2020 13:44

Recurring bug from 2.50 promods on which I made a topic here: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36185
2.51 log: https://gist.github.com/IDeserveToBeWri ... e55e56559d

edit:
created new profile on 2.51 and there is no error, but still I'd like to know how to fix my old profile

Josh0

22 Nov 2020 00:15

@gołomp, I'm not sure why your game is regenerating the navigation cache each time. I recreated the same procedure you did with my own game profile (ProMods 2.51 + Middle-East 2.51): loaded the game profile, performed an economy reset, loaded another savegame. My game never needed to rebuild the navigation cache. We know that sometimes the game erroneously rebuilds the navigation cache when trying to load a savegame while already in the game, the workaround is to avoid loading savegames while already in the game by using the "Change profile" button to exit to the profile selection menu, then re-load your game profile from there. You can set configuration variable "g_force_load_selector" to "1" in your profile's config.cfg file which allows you to select which savegame you want to load.

gołomp
Donation rank:

22 Nov 2020 12:10

Well I still don't know what caused it, but I think I know how to fix it, but it's kinda extreme.
@Josh0 I created new profile and it was working fine. I updated my old save from 2.50 to 2.51 (which I think I forgot to mention because it was natural to me, but it could not be obvious to the others) and the problem was still there.
So if the new profile is fine, and the old isn't a small light started blinking in my head that maybe this isn't 100% Promods related (I also wanted to add in the edit that I had similar problems in a modpack (a youtuber's combo pack with promods, rusmap, great steppe and a few others maps) and I was searching for help then, but ultimately I just created a new profile and copied majority of my progress and it was fine) but somehow save related.
So yesterday I started deleting parts of the save but to no avail. Today I tried for the second time, deleting even more. And it worked somehow. I don't know what exactly helped because I deleted almost everything at the same time, but I could provide savegame files if someone wants to investigate.

Anyway, what I deleted was:
* companies list at the start of the save
* all job_offer_data
* profit_log_entry and zero'd stats_data in profit_log
* all company
* zero'd map progress by deleting discovered_items
* delivery_log_entry
* ferry_log_entry

I think that is all. (it was 93% of the weight of my save btw. lol)
There are regexs I used if anyone wants to try for themselves:

Code: Select all

Replace for nothing:
company [^{]*+\{([^}]+)\}
job_offer_data \: [^{]*+\{([^}]+)\}
profit_log_entry \: [^{]*+\{([^}]+)\}
companies\[.*
discovered_items\[.*
delivery_log_entry[^{]*+\{([^}]+)\}

sublime:
Find: (profit_log : _nameless.[a-z0-9.]+ \{\n) (stats_data: )[0-9]+\n(( stats_data\[[0-9]+\]:.*\n)+)
Replace with: $1 $2 0\n
The last one only works in Sublime because syntax in notepad++ is a little different sometimes, but because regex worked on regex101.com and in sublime I didn't want to take time to make it work in notepad++.

Here's a log:
It is 2.50 because I want to play TMP.

I hope my finding will help to find more focused solution than deleting 90% of the save file to help others with this problem. It doesn't appear to be extremely widespread, as when I searched for solution a part of the topics I found contained "Unable to find route from" in the log file, but it wasn't mentioned as the problem. I guess people either thought it was because of their computer (big map, not the best pc) or they used a map small enough that nav regen wasn't that long. On my pc stock SCS map with all the DLCs regenerating nav cache takes no more than 30 seconds I think, 1 minute tops, when Promods takes what it feels like 10 minutes.

edit:
Well, I take all that back. After loading the "clean" save, creating a new save file and loading it, it still regens. :x

Josh0

22 Nov 2020 19:53

In short I do not believe the problem is related to a particular save-game or profile. It has to do with something in the mod(s) and the game itself and I believe it is a problem that only SCS can investigate/solve. But I think SCS is unlikely to be motivated to investigate the problem because it does not affect their map in the base game.
gołomp wrote:
22 Nov 2020 12:10
... when I searched for solution a part of the topics I found contained "Unable to find route from" in the log file, but it wasn't mentioned as the problem.
The "unable to find route" messages may not be part of the problem, they may simply be a side-effect. The reason I say this is because this navigation cache rebuilding problem also occurred in ProMods 2.46 where there were no "unable to find route" messages. The "unable to find route" messages you see now didn't appear until ProMods 2.50 when Ciudad Real was added.

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information