Sleep anywhere mod?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Wawrzu
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2020 17:56

Hi guys,
have any of you come across a mod that allows you to sleep anywhere? Well, not literallly anywhere, cause I wouldn't stop my truck on an emergency lane in real life and I want my game to be as close to reality as possible. But there is a lot of places in game where you could park your truck and It wouldn't be illegal/problematic in real life, yet you have no possibility to go to sleep there. I know that I can disable the "tachograph" in options, but I want to keep it enabled. Any thoughts?

JohnBart
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2020 09:36

Hey Wawrzu,
I doubt there is a mod for that, given that the resting functionality in-game is tied to rest triggers/zones specified in the map editor. To create such a mod, the whole map would need to be re-edited, with lots of rest triggers added and the existing ones extended. Then again, someone with actual map editor experience can correct me if I'm wrong. ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Kortez

15 Sep 2020 14:44

Hello,

I solved it by turn off fatigue simulation, and when I'm driving, I'm counting the time, and as the end of the day (or night, or 4,5 hrs etc) approaches, i just stop anywhere, use the command "g_set_time" in console, and shift the time as i want. I'm simulating time in this way like in real life.

The same can be simulated, for example, walking outside the truck by using a free camera (I set g_flyspeed 7. That's probably the speed of the camera that corresponds to walking)

All these ways are a substitute and require your own imagination. But it's better than being trapped in driver seat in cabin and limited to sleeping only in certain places and for a certain period of time.

Shiva

16 Sep 2020 16:08

You could simulate the other breaks with that too :)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Wawrzu
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2020 20:49

Kortez wrote:
15 Sep 2020 14:44
Hello,

I solved it by turn off fatigue simulation, and when I'm driving, I'm counting the time, and as the end of the day (or night, or 4,5 hrs etc) approaches, i just stop anywhere, use the command "g_set_time" in console, and shift the time as i want. I'm simulating time in this way like in real life.

The same can be simulated, for example, walking outside the truck by using a free camera (I set g_flyspeed 7. That's probably the speed of the camera that corresponds to walking)

All these ways are a substitute and require your own imagination. But it's better than being trapped in driver seat in cabin and limited to sleeping only in certain places and for a certain period of time.
That sounds very cool. I'm gonna try it. Thank you :)

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information