Micro freezes when using own trailer

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
gesture

11 Jul 2020 17:29

Hello,

After using Promods 2.46 with ETS2 1.37 for some time now I was finally able to afford myself an ownable trailer. Before using my own trailer, I had between 50-65 fps with no freezes but occasionally some framerate drops at high traffic peeks and in cities. This is all been described in other threads as well, so that's not the issue. What I do get is once I start using my own trailer in combination with Promods, during a ride I get quite a few micro freezes, sometimes up to 2 seconds everything freezes completely. This only seems to happen when using the Promods, as I tested with a vanilla profile using no mods, these freezes do not occur. When only adding the Promods to the vanilla profile, the freezes start to occur. Removing my own trailer and taking any job from the cargo market no freezes occur!

I'm using the following config (I should say that's enough :)):
Intel I5-4590
16Gb RAM
NVidia GTX-1650-Super, 4Gb-GDDR6

Regards,
Gesture

citelis730
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2020 00:27

From what i have seen in SCS forums there are more people who experience minor stuttering if you own a trailer and i see no solution. It's probably a rare issue since not many people complain and i guess it has to do with optimization but i'm not sure. I am waiting to see if the situation improves in 1.38.

gesture

12 Jul 2020 18:17

Yes, I have seen these messages as well, but none of them mention Promods. It also only happens when Promods is used, so from SCS's point of view, there is no problem. If that is the case I'm afraid we have to wait forever to get this fixed :(

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2020 18:34

as it looks like this error occurs differently with players, so you can't say 100% that it only happens with ProMods, or whatever. for me it doesn't matter, default map or with ProMods, the stutter is there.
but i have tested it now with 1.38, everything was good.
No Support via PM!

gesture

12 Jul 2020 22:04

That would be great! I also found something that has been an issue to me before: I use an older MS Force feedback steering wheel/pedal combination, and somehow ETS is not very happy with it. If I enable the force feedback the framerate drops considerably, and if I also set one of the feedback values above level 0, everytime I turn the wheel I get massive framedrops. Setting the value to 0, I can use the feedback, but I get framerates jibbering between 45 and 65 (my monitor has a max of 65 fps). On the other hand, if I turn of the force feedback in ETS completely, I get a steady 65fps with no framedrop jibbering and also the freezes are almost gone. I only get some very short stutters, but they are acceptable (at least for me).

So it looks like the force feedback is involved here somehow
Last edited by bmwGTR on 13 Jul 2020 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

gesture

09 Oct 2020 14:46

Unfortunately, the stuttering has not disappeared in v1.38 with promods 2.50. I've also tested without the force feedback wheel, but still the same result. I've also noticed that I don't have to drive my own trailer to get the stutters, just assigning a trailer to my truck and driving without it still gives the stutters! I really hope that the core of this issue is found...

Perhaps the NVidia is the common factor here?

Regards,
Gesture

ScuL
Founder

10 Oct 2020 01:16

It would really be something for SCS to investigate, I don't see a reason as to how our assets would impact micro stutters
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nissantruck

11 Oct 2020 12:01

I do understand well what you mean,because i do get those micro stutters sometimes too and it dosent matter what truck or trailer i have in use at that time.
I do remember seeing those micro stutters in squirrels streams too,but it is good that the micro stutters are really short,if they come to the game,when using it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

BebeMischa
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2020 12:15

I experience the microstutters too. For years already. Well, my setup has a big demand on graphics with 3x 1080p monitors.

In cities en on big junctions my framerate (verticaly synced to 60Hz, because my monitors do not go higher) drops from 60 to above 40 en sometimes even below 40.

I do not use owned trailers at all. I do use Jazzycat's AI mods and also RJL's Scania trucks, that also demand more of the system, than a vanilla truck.

But, this only appears with Promods on. Vanilla game runs 60 steady all the time, even with Jazzycat enabled.

Well, this has been discused here many times in that long time, and as it never changes, i've just get used to it...
Volvo FH16 classic 6x4, RJL Scania T 730 Hp 8x4/4, and more...
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=71603
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bebemischa/
i7 9700k, 32 GB, 2xMSI 1070Ti SLi, m.2 SSD 2 TB, 3x24" 1080p, T500RS wheel + shifter with Eaton Fuller knobs
ETS2, Promods, RusMap, Southern region, Great Steppe, all Jazzycat's
Speak NL, CZ, SK, D, GB

.:SKyy-V8:.

15 Mar 2021 23:07

Unfortunately I come in to confirm this problem.
Was driving quite a while with a nice Schmitz trailer (ownable). Got microfreezes for about 1-2 sec every 1-2 minutes. Sometimes even a few times in a minute...
I am using a profile full of mods , about 30gb at all, so my first thoughts were , that maybe my old i5 3570k can't keep up with feeding my brand new rtx 3060... FALSE...today I sold my ownable trailer and drove again a good 1000km ride with a moded (also high poly, from TZ Express) trailer from freight market... you can guess the result. Smooth steady 60 FPS stable gameplay without the nasty microfrezes, of course their were the usual FPS drops in cities but not the 1-2 sek microfreezes. So it's definitely caused by owned trailers which is extremely sad because like one dude told already in this thread, it is extremely unreal to drive from A to B and drop the trailer in order to getting a new one. I want to have a full company skin and have one combo for all cargos like in real life . At the moment this is impossible due to the lags.

I5 3570k / RTX 3060 12 GB VRAM / 16 GB G skill 2400 mhz / game and save fills all on SSD

I play this game since 2012 and this is such a big and sad bug that hasn't be fixed yet. I finally wish that I can use full company combos of truck and trailer with smooth gameplay like with freight market trailers...

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information