Micro freezes when using own trailer

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
citelis730
Donation rank:

15 Mar 2021 23:48

In my case stuttering only with owned trailers was happening when i had a pc with i5 7400 and 1660S and the game was completely unplayable with any kind of owned trailer. However recently i upgraded to a new pc with a i5 10600 and the same 1660S and the problem has completely disappeared in both 1.39 and 1.40 beta. Normally i would blame the cpu but i have seen a lot of players complain about the problem in good cpus so we can't know for sure. Sadly the only thing that SCS has said about that is that they cannot replicate the issue at all so even if you wait it's not clear that you will ever see this fixed by SCS.

Murn

16 Mar 2021 20:16

Cool. Thanks for the Thread

.:SKyy-V8:.

29 Mar 2021 22:08

citelis730 wrote:
15 Mar 2021 23:48
In my case stuttering only with owned trailers was happening when i had a pc with i5 7400 and 1660S and the game was completely unplayable with any kind of owned trailer. However recently i upgraded to a new pc with a i5 10600 and the same 1660S and the problem has completely disappeared in both 1.39 and 1.40 beta. Normally i would blame the cpu but i have seen a lot of players complain about the problem in good cpus so we can't know for sure. Sadly the only thing that SCS has said about that is that they cannot replicate the issue at all so even if you wait it's not clear that you will ever see this fixed by SCS.
Thanks for this valuable comment. As I am gonna buy a i9 11900k next month I hope that it will be also a healing in my case... I am hauling on a i5 3570k right now paired with a RTX 3060.

Did you start a new profile with your new processor or did you use the same profile the stutters where occuring before?

citelis730
Donation rank:

30 Mar 2021 00:27

To be honest i started a new profile when i bought the new pc because i forgot to save the progress from the old pc before i format it and i lost it. However this problem doesn't seem to be linked to specific profiles because when i still had it, it was happening in all profiles i started with or without mods.

Nissantruck

22 Apr 2021 11:50

That same thing happens to my Ets2 too with mods and also with ownable trailers made by the Scs
or somebody else.Even with updated ownable trailers.
It would be nice to get that problem to go away.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Boernatore

16 Feb 2024 16:50

Hi guys, I'm probably late to the party, but I found a way to "fix" my owned-trailer micro-stutters.

My Issue:
- small game freeze every in-game minute (playable but annoying)
- only when using owned trailer, only special transport trailers (normal owned trailers work fine)

Cause of the Problem:
- cargo market generating lots of new jobs every in-game minute, because every minute 5 or more jobs expire
- cargo market for special transport trailer generating much more jobs than freight market or normal trailer.
- there is no parameter for limiting cargo market offers, only for freight market jobs

Fix:
- in the economy_data.sii raise min and max expiration time by a lot. Standard is 3h - 20h, I set them to 60h - 120h (or so)
-> same amount of cargo offers available, but they expire less often and thus are generated less frequently
- additionally I lowered the freight market jobs to almost zero, as I don't need them while driving with my own trailer
- I cant say which of the changes made the difference, but I cant be bothered to investigate further since I already spent too much time on this. Sorry.

Detailed(ish) tutorial on how to do this:
- Find def.scs in game directory (steamapps/common/...)
- unpack using SCSextractor.exe (you can download this somewhere)
- find economy_data.sii
- change the following:
no_cargo_prob: 0.99
cargo_validity_min: 3600
cargo_validity_max: 7200
- save. Create a new folder "def" somewhere. Put the altered economy_data.sii in it. Zip it without compression (7zip/WinRar/...)
- you now have def.zip. Rename to "whatever_you_like.scs" (the .scs is important)
- put it into your mods folder, activate your "mod" in mod manager and give it top priority
- maybe force an economy reset (dont know if necessary) (type in console "g_force_economy_reset 1", press enter, restart game)

I hope this helps someone.

My Specs/Version:
- I5 4690K
- GTX 970TI
- Mods other than Promods: many.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information