ProMods achievements compatibility/difficulty

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Erudain
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2020 14:05

Something I just noticed is that the game now tracks progress between different profiles when a couple versions ago each new profile you made would reset that progress.

That means for example that for the Miner or Like a Farmer achievement, you can make almost all the deliveries while running Promods, and then create a new vanilla profile and just do the Oslo and Kalinigrad deliveries and the achievement will pop (a couple game versions ago making that new profile would mean having to make all 16 deliveries again)

ExtremorGP

20 Jul 2020 20:35

Btw. a little typo in the first post - it should "Medium" instead of "Meduim".
Retired modder.

CR929

21 Jul 2020 10:26

Erudain wrote:
20 Jul 2020 14:05
Something I just noticed is that the game now tracks progress between different profiles when a couple versions ago each new profile you made would reset that progress.
I have to disagree - my Miner and The Bigger The Better progress was reset when I created a new profile. Don't remember what state Miner was in (definitely not zero tho) and TBTB was at 8 or 9.

ExtremorGP wrote:
20 Jul 2020 20:35
Btw. a little typo in the first post - it should "Medium" instead of "Meduim".
A-ha! Thanks :lol:
BlackBox Inc. - We deliver. Safe and sound.

Image + Image

georgeuk90
Donation rank:

21 Jul 2020 11:03

I've started a new non-PM save for achievement hunting and World of Trucks.

steeeve104
Donation rank:

26 Mar 2021 16:07

Hi, I'm relatively new to Promods and have a couple of questions about the achievements that it makes impossible.

First, I understand that it makes the Miner and Like A Farmer achievements impossible due to sites in Oslo and Kaliningrad being reassigned to new neighbouring cities. If I were to complete deliveries to those two locations in vanilla and then add Promods before finishing the rest of the locations for those achievements, would it "forget" that I had already done them?

Secondly, has anyone been able to compile a list of the special transport routes/cargo that don't spawn in Promods? Just in case I can do those and then add Promods on for the rest.

Thanks

CR929

27 Mar 2021 12:08

Good day!
That is... a good question. I personally never tried to install PM on an existing vanilla profile as I'm not sure nothing would be broken by this drastic change of maps - however AFAIK achievements are tied to profiles (whatever their state is) and adding/removing mods should not affect their progress
Regarding the Special Cargo routes, I do not have a list of those, unfortunately, however I did mess around with these deliveries in PM and found out there are so few it was easier to just do them all on vanilla

Image + Image

steeeve104
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2021 10:50

Thanks for the reply. I've managed to find jobs to go to the two 'problem' locations in Oslo and Kaliningrad, and have done four of the farm deliveries. I think I will push on and finish these, hopefully with the help of the Speditor when that has been updated, before putting Promods back on.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 29 Mar 2021 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

steeeve104
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2021 00:44

Hi again, I have another question I'm afraid!

So, the good news is I've completed the miner and farmer achievements. I'm currently zipping around Europe between the starting cities for the Special Transport routes, so that at the very least I can get them through quick jobs.

I'm hoping to get back into Promods after that, but before I do, I wanted to check whether it alters the conditions for achievements like Gas Must Flow or Industry Standard, which ask you to make deliveries to specific companies or locations. Does Promods increase the number of sites for these deliveries? I'm also assuming it increases the number of ports you have to use for the Successfully Docked achievement?

Thanks in advance.

CR929

04 Apr 2021 11:48

This thread is meant for questions, don't hesitate to ask :)
GMF and IS achievements are unaffected by PM, I've done them on a ProMods profile (vanilla cities/companies that are required to get those achievements are still there) and all was ok. Successfully Docked, on the other hand, is harder than on vanilla as you rightly mentioned.

Image + Image

Ticreut29
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2021 19:19

Conquistador achievement and Grand Tour Guide achievement can be completed with Promods 2.55 enable.
Developper of Improved Weather V1.0 on ETS2/ATS

Have a nice trucking everyone!

Best Regards
Ticreut29

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information