Bug In RusMap v. 2.0

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Cool Hip Dude

25 May 2020 06:43

Guyz,

I am using RusMap v. 2.0 with ETS2 game version 1.36 and ProMods version 2.45.
I am not interested in and do not want to update to ETS2 v. 1.37 and ProMods v. 2.46.
I have managed to stop the Steam client from automatically updating ETS2 by setting
the 'appmanifest-227300.acf' file to 'read-only'.

Anyway, there appears to be a bug in RusMap v. 2.0.

The bug is that when the player tries to drive his truck towards the town of Kandalaksha
in western Russia (in Murmansk Oblast), close to the Finland - Russia border, from either
the northern end (from Murmansk) or the western end (from Kemijarvi), the player will
very suddenly without warning find himself / herself driving his / her truck into uncharted
space before the game then crashes.

The bug also appears when the player has purchased the Kandalaksha garage and tries to
upgrade it to a big garage with five slots and a petrol / diesel filling station, the game also
crashes.

I believe I think I know the reason why.

In RusMap v. 2.0, there are apparently two cities both called Kandalaksha. The first Kandalaksha
has road connections to Murmansk, Kemijarvi and other cities, but the second Kandalaksha has
absolutely no road connections to any other city at all.

How can anyone drive their truck to the second Kandalaksha if the second Kandalaksha has no
road connections to any other city?

For Aldimator (apparently the main RusMap developer) to release RusMap v. 2.0 with this kind
of very basic schoolboy-type error, it is really very sloppy work from him. He needs to come
clean and explain why he released RusMap v. 2.0 with such a glaringly very obvious bug.

I have already sent Aldimator three PMs about this bug. He has yet to respond to any of them.

CHD

samuray
Donation rank:

25 May 2020 07:02

Well, you can use Rusmap 2.1 also with Promods 2.45 and ETS2 version 1.36.

Also there is a much easier way to stop the game from updating.

To revert back to an earlier version, go into your Steam Library and right-click on the ETS2 title. Choose Properties, then select the Betas tab. The top box is a drop-down selection list where you can choose any of the previous versions.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information