Arexander's assortment of automobiles

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
Arexander
Donation rank:

15 Aug 2014 18:40

Now that the 1.70 patch is out and I found out that Jazzycat's mods still work with it, I decided to start a screenshot thread of my own. We'll have to see how often I update, though, I'm pretty bad at remembering to take pictures when driving. :roll:

First job as a truck driver in Finland. I was contracted to transport a Tatra T815 military truck at the weight of 12 tons from Lahti to Mikkeli. The contracting company rented a Majestic Across for the transportation as they didn't want to limit the possible drivers to only those with their own trucks. Which allowed me to get the job and earn some money to get my own truck after a few more jobs and a loan.

Next up I grabbed a truck from Mikkeli to Jyväskylä with three M119 Howitzers as the cargo. The 6-ton trailer didn't really affect the 700hp Volvo FH I was provided at all so the trip was very eventless.

After arriving at Jyväskylä, I was contacted for a drive from the city all the way to Turku. The company in question needed to get 20 tons of transmissions from their warehouse to the docks at Turku to be transported back to Sweden as the deal they made with a local industry was cancelled. The Iveco was slow to accelerate but once it got to speed, it was very fun to drive.

That's all for now, folks! :mrgreen:

Arexander
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2014 15:39

Morning dawns and new jobs are taken. This time transporting 18 tons of tomatoes from Lahti to the capital of Helsinki. A passer-by seemed to see the possibilities at a certain junction with the two trucks beside each other, so he took a picture and sent it to the local papers, earning himself 20€ for a reader's picture of the day.

From Helsinki I got another load of M119 Howitzers, this time going to Turku. The beautiful weather changed into a light rain, which continued well into the day.

I was lucky enough to catch a load back to Helsinki after ordering a truck of my own from the local truck dealer. The salesman said the new truck should arrive at my garage in Lahti next morning, so I'll be starting the "real" work soon enough. I've also got a few interesting job offers from various trucking companies looking for drivers with their own equipment.

Oh yeah, and the load to Helsinki was 25 tons of canned fish, which the MAN did struggle with a bit.

From Helsinki, I took a longer distance load to Varkaus for a bit of extra cash. I certainly attracted plenty of attention both when leaving Helsinki and arriving at Varkaus due to my load consisting of 4 ZU-23 anti-air guns. Especially the younger folk were mighty excited about the gun barrels peeking over the sides of the trailer. I called it a day after this load and took a night train back to Lahti to be at my garage when my truck arrives.

jasper

17 Aug 2014 08:44

Nice :)
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Return to “Share the love”

• Information