Development on version 1.x (British Columbia Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2020 19:09

Indeed, we haven't reached the part of Canada yet where we can have a border crossing with Idaho. We will most likely add 1 more in the east of washington and extend the road from Sandpoint, ID towards Canada in the future.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

knapton

25 Nov 2020 21:03

ColtonW24 wrote:
25 Nov 2020 01:00
Thanks for updating it! Also, in another pre-release video, I noticed the speed limit in-game on Highway 17 is 90 km/h. However, when driving the route a few months ago, the posted speed limit was actually 80 km/h. Here are some street view links that confirm this:

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.1002255 ... 384!8i8192

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.1695136 ... 384!8i8192

What area did you find the speed limit inconsistencies? I drive it a fair bit for work and find that it changes a bunch in various spots because of the traffic lights and cutting through Delta/Surrey.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 26 Nov 2020 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reduced quote

ColtonW24
Donation rank:

26 Nov 2020 00:51

IRL between Highway 99 and Highway 1, the speed limit for Highway 17 is mostly 80 km/h with slower speed limits in certain areas like you mentioned. But in the mod, I noticed this section was posted at 90 km/h. Also, in the mod, I noticed there was a reduced 70 km/h zone near the Pattullo Bridge area. This section was posted at 50 km/h when I drove the route back in July.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 26 Nov 2020 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

angrybirdseller
Donation rank:

26 Nov 2020 19:02

The 80 kph should be 100 kph its looks like speed trap in the making highway 17 is limited access in some parts and where the traffic light can be 90kph lol

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

26 Nov 2020 19:37

Thanks for pointing it out guys. I have rechecked google maps and adjusted speedlimits (main limit is now 80 with 50 in Surrey and 60 around some traffic lights). Hopefully this will be accepted as the final situation :mrgreen:
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

ColtonW24
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2020 00:55

Sounds good @Nico

WANDERER
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2020 14:32

The live-stream was great. Thanks for the better look.
Doing what I can to make it right......

knapton

30 Nov 2020 09:00

I just finished watching the YouTube version of the TMP stream. It was very interesting to hear some of the development process both sides go through especially when SCS decides to change things. It made me far more sympathetic to you all when updates come out.

It looks really like you all put a lot of hard work into the map. I can't wait to drive it.

I wouldn't worry too much about the speed limits being a little wrong in the game. With the scale of the map I think it's honestly close enough and probably impossible to get perfect anyway. Your time is so much better focused elsewhere.

For those wondering about the name Crowsnest check this article about it. The locals call the first portion the Hope-Princeton though.
https://gocrowsnest.ca/stories/whats-in ... contention.

Lastly if you need anyone to pronounce the name of anything for you I'm glad to come on discord and help with that anytime. :D

BurnoutRacer
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2020 21:23

When your team reaches the Columbia Valley, Radium Hot springs has recently built a Roundabout at the junction of Highway 93 and 93/95 where 93 splits off through Kootenay National Park and 95 continues North to Golden over the summer. Thought I would notify you as this will not be reflected yet in google maps. It is a bit of a rural route, but the Columbia valley see a lot of trucking traffic as well. The Valley runs from Dolald in the North to Cranbrook in the south and Cranbrook just happens to be the junction for 93/95 and the Crowsnest highway through The Crowsnest Pass. Not sure which town will be added yet, but I have a feeling Golden, Radium, Fairmont, Canal Flats, and Cranbrook will be added, and maybe Kimberly as a smaller suburb of Cranbrook to the west. If you can add Invermere that would be great! Up at the Invermere turn off we have Home Hardware and Canadian tire right on the way into downtown Invermere, as well as Kicking Horse Coffee being made right there too. Not much in town itself though, Sobeys is one of the supermarkets here as well. This could be an opportunity to add West side road as well. There are gypsum mines and lumber mills in the area and a big pulp mill in Skookum chuck as well. Just some information about my home valley for you, you may do some more research into the area if you like. There is a lot of info about the area on the web although it is mostly tourism sites.

oldmanclippy
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2020 21:45

I just watched the TMP stream (more like listened, didn't want spoilers!) and it was really interesting hearing about the mod from the makers themselves. Cool to hear that the push to Alberta has already begun, I think this mod is gonna have a great future.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ATS”

• Information