krigl

13 Mar 2021 21:36

Bernhard_ wrote:
12 Mar 2021 23:30
Thanks for all further recordings! Keep it up. :!:
Cheers!

krigl

13 Mar 2021 22:02

The Big Push to cover New Mexico continues. Today we travel diagonally across the centre of the state up to Clovis in the northeast.

Las Cruces. I wonder what's behind those trees. I heard there was some industrial eyesore round here, but I haven't seen it. Well, it's probably not over there, it's just a forest. Yep.

New paint. Time to get ourselves a new job.

Leaving town. We're going to head back to Alamogordo along the same road as yesterday, but with better visibility.

White Sands is of course a famous missile range, and the whole area is connected not only with the space age, but also the development of the atomic bomb.

This display probably commemorates the time the Space Shuttle landed at White Sands.

Passing through Alamogordo. That sky!

This is Carrizozo, not too far from where the first atomic bomb, Trinity, was detonated.

Didn't catch the name of this place. Quite nice, though.

This is Vaughn.

There were quite a lot of ghost towns in the distance around here. Another nameless location, and a lot of ramshackle rusty dwellings all around. This route looks empty of urban areas, but there are at least 4 on the way. An interesting route.

This is Fort Sumner, New Order, yay.

Then and now... That's enough for today, we'll get to Clovis next time.

Thanks for looking in!

Dan

Bernhard_

14 Mar 2021 14:36

Again nice Pictures but also interesting Text.

Addendum 15:40

I can't get recordings of this quality with my computer. This is also the reason why I haven't started with ATS yet. Upgrading the computer is not financially feasible.
Best Regards

Bernhard

krigl

14 Mar 2021 20:57

Hi there, you don't need a fantastic computer to enjoy either of the SCS games, as far as I know the requirements are the same for ATS as for ETS 2. Things like shadows and mirror quality can be turned right down and things still look nice.

Added in 22 minutes 14 seconds:
Heading for Clovis now, and then back down to Roswell, more or less.

Here's Clovis. It's pretty decent, plenty to see, with some huge buildings.

That sky colour again. Using Kass' Brutal Weather mod. Not sure if there even are any others any more.

Trailerpark + scrapyard + silos. What's not to like.

Bat's eye view as dusk draws in.

Ditched the trailer, now to find somewhere to get a repaint and some kip.

Maybe this is where the zombies are?

Ready for sleep, epic line-up there.

New day, new job. Another heavy job. No oversize load stuff, but whatever. I mean, people can see it's oversize, right?

Same angle, but liked the lighting.

Leaving Clovis behind. The LoneStar is a strange looking truck, and the stripey paintjobs don't really suit it. Best colour is silver and chrome. However, this Xenomorph skin is something else. Suits it to a T.

One more look back at Clovis.

An advert for the Charged chain of shops. I don't remember seeing adverts for the in-game invented companies before. That's cool.

Xenomorph! That's a real work of art. Passing through the small town of Elida.

Passing Roswell. It would be cool to visit as an Alien, but the locals might freak out.

On the way to Carrizozo and eventually Socorro.

More beautiful landscapes coming up.

Next time we'll finish the trip to Socorro and then head from Albuquerque up to Raton to start the final legs of this tour. Enough for now, though.

Cheers, Dan
Last edited by bmwGTR on 15 Mar 2021 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

JohnBart
Donation rank:

15 Mar 2021 16:19

Great travel journals! ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

krigl

16 Mar 2021 21:40

JohnBart wrote:
15 Mar 2021 16:19
Great travel journals! ;)
Thanks very much!!!

Added in 21 minutes 46 seconds:
Alright, here we go again. This week we're going to make that final push and complete New Mexico so we can get back to Europe and tour the Scandinavia DLC.

Yep. New Mexico certainly does have its moments.

Still en route to Carrizozo.

Between Carrizozo and Socorro.

Arrival in Socorro. Time to offload this... round thing.

Okay, last shots from Albuquerque, I promise. Didn't want to be guilty of misreprezentin' this here fine city. Tried to find something that wasn't that intersection to show before we head north to Raton, gateway to the awesomeness that is the Raton - Farmington route along the northern border. There is no intersection in this shot. There is no intersection in this shot.

There is no intersection in this shot. Wait, there isn't. Yes! I did it!

Time to head out of town, then.

The International LoneStar, looking its best in silver and chrome.

On our way up to Raton.

Near Santa Fe, home of the famous railroad. Today there are 'rail runners' in the area. Where's Wile E. Coyote, I wonder. Hmmm... perhaps that statue of a bird I posted earlier was a road runner? Probably was.

Nearing Raton.

Here we are.

Dracula's playing. Aliens, zombies and now vampires. The Americans love their nightmares.

Raton station. That's it for today... thanks for looking... Dan

Bernhard_

16 Mar 2021 23:01

One likes to watch :)
Best Regards

Bernhard

krigl

04 Apr 2021 15:43

Aaaah, got distracted again, this time by Cities Skylines. Well, got 3 sets to go to wrap up New Mexico, so here's the first of those.

Starting off on a two-part trip from Raton west along the northern border of the state in the direction of Farmington.

We're not going to Farmington again, though, oh no.

We're going to Durango in Colorado, because we can.

This part of the state offers some of the best scenery in the DLC, partly no doubt because some of it was added when Colorado came out, I guess.

Just look at that! Most people probably won't even see it, or glimpse it for long enough out of a side window to take it all in. Amazing.

The sun is setting - need to find a rest stop. Can't see well through my sunglasses in the dark.

Ice-capped mountain peaks sparkle in the distance.

Not sure of the name of this town by a lake, but it has a rest stop.

The St. Thomas Hotel. You know what, let's splash out. But only if they've got a room with a balcony and a mountain view.

Just in time to sip a cold one and watch the last rays of the sun striking the highest peaks, etc. etc.

Next morning was chilly, the air crisp and scented with... actually not scented with very much at all, 'cause it was cold. Ah, whatever. Let's say it was scented with lilac.

I took my breakfast outside despite the chill before heading off to fill up with gas. Long trip ahead.

More awesome scenery awaits.

I can almost hear the mating calls of bears and stags over the engine's throaty bellow.

The famous Club Cafe! We're going to have to stop for a cuppa before heading up into Colorado.

That's it for today. Hopefully I can tear myself away from Skylines a bit sooner for the next set.

Cheers! Dan

krigl

19 May 2021 15:22

Back at last for a double post - want to get New Mexico finished today, and I've got the pics ready and the time...

The Club Cafe behind us, we're now heading for the Rio Grande Gorge.

The gorge is spectacular.

Heading west.

Small settlement - Tierra Amarilla.

Brief hop northwards before turning west again. We're going to keep going west till we get to Bloomfield, and then turn north to Colorado.

Bloomfield.

Colorado, here we come!

First bit of Colorado countryside. One more set to go.

krigl

19 May 2021 15:48

Last set from New Mexico.

We've just popped into Colorado because I wanted to see the northern roads in NM. We'll take a brief break in Durango and then finish this set in Santa Fe. This is the turn-off to Durango.

Here's Durango. Not going to explore - save that for for a future Colorado set, hopefully in a year or so.

A colorful paintjob for colorful Colorado.

Is that... a castle? In the US? Sure looks like one.

Small town scenery.

On the way to the border with New Mexico. Great landscapes everywhere you look.

New Mexico, yep.

Hot hot hot.

A last bit of the wild west before the next tour - southern Scandinavia.

Can't imagine why this is called Camel Rock.

Santa Fe.

The city has a special atmosphere, and native American-inspired architecture. A great place to finish off the tour of this distinctive state.

Nice AI truck.

Local industry. Santa Fe would make a nice home base for a new trucking company.

Taking in the sights, I spotted this interesting and very large mural.

And to finish off, a stylish church.

That's it for New Mexico, back with the Scandinavia DLC soon, I hope.

Dan

Return to “Share the love”

• Information