1.32 and Germany

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.

What to do with Germany in the next update

Poll ended at 26 Aug 2018 22:38

Use ProMods as a base and copy paste improved SCS areas
54%
Use SCS Germany as a base and copy paste old ProMods areas
27%
Overwrite all old ProMods content with the new SCS Germany
8%
Overwrite all new SCS Germany with ProMods content
12%

Total votes: 632
DusKinggoGames

17 Aug 2018 21:09

Using ProMods as a base might be the better option here. As noted somewhere in the ARP topic. The ProMods Germany from a couple of years ago aged really well and still looks modern. There's no doubt SCS has made some improvements to Germany. But they still have a long way to go.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

id777
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2018 23:57

I think if promods work will be overwritten we will lost great Germany map with much quality cities for some time like it was in France when Dlc came. Some cities from old France didn't come back yet. This december it will be 2 years since France Dlc. So for Germany rebuilding Promods will need a lot of time.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2018 11:34

I think this whole argument is between two sides. Those who want the fancy new models and the "official" feel and look of a new SCS Germany which is way better compared to the original base map (but we are PM users so why should I care how it is compared to a map that I thankfully forgot about since a couple of years.) And those who want a maybe bit aged but comprehensive and focused PM Germany, this one feels more realistic in the sense that the road network is for ex. much closer the the real one. Sure, it's not as nice or fancy looking as an official update but it FEELs more like the real thing.
This is not to criticize MandelSoft. It's only that I feel these two versions of Germany are for two different type of players. SCS's Germany is for those who play for the sake of it, I mean the general players who just fire the game up once in a while and relax while driving thru somewhere they didn't even knew about. PM's one is for a more hardcore base, know the place they drive at, and pay attention the realistic details. And enjoy playing as realistic as possible.
It's like comparing a Flight Simulator (doesn't LOOK that good, but it FEELS more realistic) and a Plane game (does LOOK good, but it doesn't FEEL realistic) This is kind of a simulator vs arcade style of argument. And as far as I knew PM is more of a realism centric map mod, so I think you guys should stick to the PM version as a base and eventually include the better parts of the official map update.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

MG Mike
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2018 13:58

Well written Arvidsson!

I think a little bit in your direktion..

In Addition I think there are two types of PM Players. Those who drive many times in Germany or through it and like it, maybe come from Germany and have their garages there, like me for example.

We don't want to loose "our" good old germany.

And then the other type of PM Player which are from the other european countries. They drive mostly in their or other countries and not often in germany or through it. So The don't care about how realistic germany looks.

I still think if asking me, my suggestions were take the promods Germany as it's known, replace the textures with the new ones, maybe replace some Autobahn crosses if they are made better maybe smaller. Replace House models in the cities with some from the new scs germany who looks similar but better in textures and so on.. Replace the Elb Tunnel in Hamburg, as Well as the Köhlbrandbrücke,
Make it so step by step and then we should have a Promods germany which looks up to date but has not lost it's good cities and other things that we like so much.

After this go ahead with the plans for germany which are made before. Built the A45 new ( from Frankfurt to Colonia which is still the old scs Autobahn) let follow the rest too. And then built some fine new areas. Start in north germany again. Elbe Weser Triangle, correct the A31, add areas in Holstein, or other areas which where started to built, like exit from A 9 to Regensburg and so on and so on..

Doing this way n the long run we should have a really good map in some time..

Replace areas where SCS new parts from germany by Mandelsoft are better like on his Screenshots, but in the main base keep the base map and replace mainly the textures and models where it is necessary

That is the way I would do it.

And from me too, my words are not in order to critism Mandelsofts work. I like his work very much.
But i have like others fear to loose the good work done so far.

I hope my arguments were right understood.. My English is not the best everytime. And some times it is difficult to find the right articulation. My English is from my school time and some English books I read.
And at least from being active in an English forum ;)

Kind regards and best wishes from germany.
MG Mike.

By the way,
I live in the area around Cuxhaven. If it is someday to be planed for Promods maybe I can provide pictures or video from driving Bremerhaven to Cuxhaven or around Cuxhaven and also Street signs.
Mandelsofts mentioned the lack of availible pictures since there is no street view overall in Northgermany..
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

realmadrid1902

18 Aug 2018 19:40

I am from the first type of the ProMods players because I like Germany how it is made. My headquarters are Berlin. I really loved Germany in ProMods. It was very bad in SCS Map and TSM. My dad went 5 times to Germany. I don't have to ride a plane to see Germany. I have ETS2 and ProMods. I don't want to lose all the fully realistic ProMods map. Even if SCS made very good. I really love ProMods and don't want to lose all the German autobahns and garages that ProMods made. I really want Germany very realistic.
Best regardes,
realmadrid1902
ProMods user since: 2.15.
PC specs: I don't like to say them.
Langauges: a bit FR Image , EN Image and AR. Busy with School!

brainiac
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2018 20:18

brainiac wrote:
15 Aug 2018 04:58
It looks that percents are stabilized on 53%, 29%, 6% and 12% and they won't change much.
I will show you power of statistics.
According to Weak low of large numbers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_la ... s#Weak_law), when you raise number of voters, percents converge to true percent of whole community. We could see results of voting 3 days ago and Promods team already know voice of the fans. Waiting 2 weeks is waste of time. Note: I am not telling Promods team to stop voting, I am just showing nice things.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Shiva

18 Aug 2018 20:59

Use ProMods as a base and copy paste improved SCS areas: Is OK.
Use SCS Germany as a base and copy paste old ProMods areas: Voted for.
Brain a bit tired, what is the difference?
Merge Improved SCS with ProMods Germany.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

18 Aug 2018 21:09

The difference is as follows:
Option 1: we keep our current version of Germany and (slowly) integrate SCS parts into our map;
Option 2: we completely ditch Northern Germany at first and start with the SCS version as a base and make the necessary connections with Southern Germany. Then we integrate our work back in step by step (and upgrade it).

From a pure technical standpoint, the first option is actually easier.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2018 21:42

Hello
Mandelsoft,

I voted for the first as well as many others. So if you write the first will be the easiest, so it seems that's the way to go..

As I wrote, maybe if it is not too much work you can in the upcoming 2.30 paste in already some new things as the elb tunnel and the bridge in the Harbour..

And a question to the screens you showed to comparison
In what areas were they all made? Especially the first one. It looks like you had build a road there where promods did not had one..
I recognized Rostock and the Area south of Bremen where the A27 goes from the A1.
But where are the other pics made?

By the way great work from you.

Regards
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

18 Aug 2018 22:20

The locations are:
1. Dresden city center
2. BAB19 west of Rostock
3. BAB2 Marienborn (former inner-German border)
4. BAB24 north-west of Berlin
5. BAB19/B105 exit Rostock Port
6. BAB7xBAB215 Kreuz Rendsburg
7. BAB7 Elbtunnel, northern entrance
8. BAB1xBAB28 Dreieck Stuhr*
9. BAB2 Elbe crossing near Magdeburg
10. BAB19xBAB24 Dreieck Wittstock/Dosse.

*this one was built by my colleague, who did a really good job here!
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information