[REL] Grand Utopia - Map for ETS2 (latest update : 1.15.1 for ETS2 v1.47)

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
bengt.jensie

30 Mar 2021 23:57

@luiswellenkamp

This is NOT an addon map, it's a STANDALONE map and as such can't be combined with ANY map!

MyGodness
Donation rank:

10 Apr 2021 19:28

Hello everyone, here is the city of Meulan which was built in the last few days :) As you will notice, I used items from the last DLC Iberia. Therefore, this last one will be required for the next version 1.11 of Grand Utopia, which will arrive in a few months.

Meulan by Grand Utopia, on Flickr

Meulan by Grand Utopia, on Flickr
Image Image Image Image

Matuchkin

08 May 2021 02:16

1. Beautiful work on the map. I can hope you plan on expanding it past the island in the future (gotta have those 6 hour hauls bro), but even as is it's game studio quality.

2. I know this is a very early topic, but you may seriously want to take a look at the economy of your map. The purpose of ETS2 is to leave the quick-job purgatory as quickly as possible and explore a large area in one's own, customizeable vehicle. My current experience playing the map tells me that any of the following may happen:
Option (a): I will drive between Ghyvelde and Malterre via A1, earning 310 dollars per run, every day of every week, until I stop playing the map or get a truck.
Option (b): By the time I will get a personal vehicle, I will already have explored the map fully, completing the game before actually starting it.

Clearly, both of the above options are suboptimal. As a player, I do not want to spend months on end grinding to get out of the buffer between not having enough money for a truck and having enough money for a truck. However, I also do not want to cheat, as doing so even once will render your finely crafted world completely meaningless.

I hope you will consider my advice. If so, thank you.

orestescm76
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2021 10:04

Familie Bos

09 Aug 2021 15:14

Hello,

Thanks for this great mod.
It is realy funtastic !
But.....
It is awful to play when you cant make normal money !
Please change the amounts of money you recieve for a trip, so that one can save some money to buy a truck !
This way it is never possible to progress in the game and get a own truck by earning money !

Thanks and best regards.

orestescm76
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2021 10:26

just use a money mod lol

MyGodness
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2021 09:38

Hello everyone, sorry I'm late on this forum ^^

The v1.11 update of Grand Utopia is available. You can download the latest version from the website, from TruckyMods or from the direct link on the first post of this topic.

What's new ? Well, here are some informations taken from a more complete article published on the website's blog. You can read it here : https://www.grandutopia.fr/en/blog/offi ... s-out.html

So, the Iberia DLC is now needed to play on Grand Utopia. A lot of iberian items were used to build the 3 new cities.

NEW AVAILABLE CITIES

Meulan : This is the only town in the update. Located to the east of the Utopia port in the extension of the A6 motorway, Meulan was designed around a river that crosses it from north to south. Several districts are available, the town centre and its quays, a logistics zone to the south, a commercial zone to the west and another zone to the east on the hillside. The town also has two motorway junctions which will allow me to extend the road network to the south, north and west

Krautergersheim : This commune is a small seaside village and is located on the coastal road between Meulan and Utopia. You will find some narrow streets, typical of small French villages. Although its name is Alsatian in sound, the village has been built in a Mediterranean style due to the massive use, once again, of the new items from the Iberia DLC.

Maisnil-lès-Libercourt : Initially planned for the southern tip of the island, this village was finally built on the plains to the east of Port-Aelvinque. Here I tried to recreate the atmosphere of the small farming villages of our French provinces. Surrounded by fields, this village will be located on a future major departmental road that will eventually link the towns of Meulan and Grandville.

END OF CUSTOMISED DEPOTS AND LAND FOR SALE

This update was one of the densest in terms of land sold and therefore custom depots built. To sum up my decision, this is the first time I didn't enjoy doing this, probably because of the colossal overload of work it required. To be honest with you, v1.11 was ready to be released more than a month and a half ago. I didn't appreciate having to delay the release of the update for so long. I even had to reduce the number of new communes created (3 for this update against 6 usually for the other versions). That's why, after a long reflection, I decided to stop this counterpart to focus more on the most important thing, the creation of the map. Some will say that I should just do less but to be as sincere as possible, I don't feel like doing that anymore.
As a result, there will be no more new land available for sale from this version 1.11. Of course, for those who have ordered and paid for land in a city, rest assured that all orders will be honoured. To be more precise, I am talking about :
- those who have ordered and paid for land in a city that will only be available in a future version
- those who have bought a plot of land that is currently available and who still haven't given me the information, making it impossible to build for this version 1.11.
On the other hand, it is possible that some blue € icons are still present on the map. They are forgetful and they will not mean that a land is available. Do not hesitate to let me know about them via the contact form so that I can remove them as soon as possible.

I know that many people appreciated this counterpart and that this will disappoint many people but I am taking this decision to ensure a better development of the mod. Finally, I want to thank once again all those who helped me financially via their donation(s).

Have fun on Grand Utopia !
Image Image Image Image

brainiac
Donation rank:

14 Aug 2021 22:31

Is that land thing in game or? (I am not sure how to say)
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Jevsenak
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2021 11:25

Familie Bos wrote:
09 Aug 2021 15:14
Hello,

Thanks for this great mod.
It is realy funtastic !
But.....
It is awful to play when you cant make normal money !
Please change the amounts of money you recieve for a trip, so that one can save some money to buy a truck !
This way it is never possible to progress in the game and get a own truck by earning money !

Thanks and best regards.
I the past i crated my own mod just for playing 1:1 map so that you cak earn same money as you would do in vanilla game. This was couple of versions back so I dont have it anymore but you can create your own. It is simple calculation, original vanilla game is in 1:20 scale, so for 1:1 maps you should earn 20times more money an XP to have the same experience of bouilding your own company.

Here is link to the post of my mod, as said it is outdated but you can open it up and create the same one for 1.41 version.

johnboy5555
Donation rank:

18 Oct 2021 09:30

Please can any one help,downloaded everything,created new profile but it will not allow me to change from europe to grandutopia,thanks in advance for any advice

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information