[REL] Grand Utopia - Map for ETS2 (latest update : 1.15.1 for ETS2 v1.47)

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
JohnBart
Donation rank:

29 Jan 2021 10:50

Lovely screencaps! :)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

MyGodness
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2021 16:07

Yo 🙋‍♂️ I'm here to annonce that the Grand Utopia v1.10 update is ready and released.
As usual, you can download the new version from my Google Drive (link in the first post or on the Grand Utopia website : www.grandutopia.fr).

GRAND UTOPIA V1.10
This update focuses mainly on the creation of the capital of the island: Utopia. The latter is divided into several districts connected to each other by a ring road as well as other roads. Some parts of the capital are however missing. I did not want to delay too much the publication of this version. Therefore, the port district and the Governor Island are not yet available but will be available in later versions.
In addition, this version brings three new villages: Neyland, Montchaux-Soreng and Courfeyrac. Both are located on the D21 road linking Utopia to the Paradise road.
The village of Aix-Noulette-sur-Hulluch has also been enlarged.

ETS COMPATIBILITY
That v1.10 version was made under ETS 1.39 but, as far as you know, SCS Software just released the 1.40 beta. As many people already tried successfully Grand Utopia v1.9 with ETS 1.40, the Grand Utopia 1.10 should works with ETS 1.40 beta.
In any case, know that when the offical and stable version of ETS 1.40 will be ready, a corrected version of v1.10 will be published. I will take advantage of this lapse of time to fix the bugs that will be reported to me in the meantime.

DBUS WORLD READY
Another feature of this version is that Grand Utopia is now DBus World Ready. This means that as soon as the mod developed by Domcek and Etrusan will be available, you will be able to use it on Grand Utopia.
In this sense, several lines have been created across the map including an urban line for the city of Utopia. Other lines will be added as updates are made.
For more information on this mod, I invite you to visit their website: https://dbusworld.com/.

VTC
Version 1.10 also marks the arrival of many VTCs directly integrated into the mod. You can find the complete list of these virtual companies on the Grand Utopia website.
I especially thank all the people who have trusted and supported me by setting up their company on Grand Utopia. Thank you 💛
Of course, the VTCs are playable by all as the default companies of the game.

LANDS FOR CUSTOM WAREHOUSES
The land for sale has been a victim of their success and a lack of available space has emerged. New lots are obviously available with v1.10.

END OF SPONSORIZED VILLAGES AND CITIES
Also victims of their success, it is no longer possible to name a town or village. Indeed, I currently have many names of villages and towns on hold. Enough to finish the island of Grand Utopia.
Once again a big thank you to all the donors for their support. 💛

LOVE AND SUPPORT
I will finish this post by reminding that this free mod is created on my free time and represents at this stage about 3,000 hours of work. So, if you like Grand Utopia, don't hesitate to support me by participating to the fundraising on PayPal : https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8kcvdcEyr4

Thank you all for keeping Grand Utopia alive.
Image Image Image Image

stevefunk2010

04 Feb 2021 21:22

Greetings and many thanks for this update with more Utopian drives!

One curiosity to report is that in the Navigation screen while driving in new captial city of Utopia there are some curious names appearing such as 'u_stade', 'u_carnot', and 'u_magic' (see attached screenshot.) I am not using any other mods on this profile. Not sure if others see the same thing.

Best wishes for continued expansion of Grand Utopia!
Utopia Navigation.JPG
Utopia Navigation.JPG (22.02 KiB) Viewed 3576 times

JohnBart
Donation rank:

05 Feb 2021 11:38

Great news! :)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

MyGodness
Donation rank:

05 Feb 2021 13:40

Hello,

The purple name are bus stops name. I actually find a mistake in the def files making a bad display on the ui map. It will be solved in a upcomming corrected 1.10 version ;)
Image Image Image Image

tuner06
Donation rank:

06 Feb 2021 12:37

stevefunk2010 wrote:
04 Feb 2021 21:22
Greetings and many thanks for this update with more Utopian drives!

One curiosity to report is that in the Navigation screen while driving in new captial city of Utopia there are some curious names appearing such as 'u_stade', 'u_carnot', and 'u_magic' (see attached screenshot.) I am not using any other mods on this profile. Not sure if others see the same thing.

Best wishes for continued expansion of Grand Utopia!

Utopia Navigation.JPG
by me it crashes at this area and the game shut down iam using without any mod otherwise a good map :)

MyGodness
Donation rank:

23 Feb 2021 13:57

I had that crash near to the stadium area. I found an item with some errors nearby. Now that it's removed, I don't have the crash anymore. I hope it will be good now. A corrected version of 1.10 will be published when the ETS 2 1.40 is released.

And here are some pics of the work done on the port of Utopia. Enjoy !

Port of Utopia by Grand Utopia, on Flickr

Image Image Image Image

MyGodness
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2021 10:27

Yo 🙋‍♂️ Good news on Saturday morning, the corrected v1.10 for ETS 1.40 is available! The new file is online on our Google Drive.

Find more information about this corrected version on our blog: https://www.grandutopia.fr/en/blog/

And to introduce you the new area included (Utopia - Port Area and Port-Aelvinque) in this version, here are some pictures.

Port-Aelvinque

Utopia - Port area

The new area
Image Image Image Image

OnyxCrow22

29 Mar 2021 18:28

Oh my goodness! That is amazing!
Big well done to you! :D
Hey there! I'm Onyx, and I am an avid gamer who likes making models and maps.

luiswellenkamp

30 Mar 2021 23:40

This looks very cool, but is it compatible with promods? I read on the first page of comments that it's not, but the comment was like 2 years ago. Unfortunately, I would rather have promods above any other mod, but I will try yours if it still isnt compatible

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information