Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Drive Safely

23 May 2021 03:06

Amazing work OfficialDOWL! :)

w0nd

25 May 2021 02:35

First of all - i love Iceland. In my opinion the most interesting region to drive in Promods - second would be maybe Norway. I love small windy roads where you have to focus on driving instead of high speed rushing. Really enjoy it - job well done!! I hope to see more of your craftsmanship :)

However, maybe it is just me, i am having some issues with the smaller, snowy roads and i think collision boxes. There are these tiny stones on the road which seem to be giant obstacles when driving over them slowly but they are damaging the truck and load substantially if one drives to fast over it. At the same time the left and right of road is littered with stones but actually it works like a smooth road and people just drive over the sides around the obstacle even though visually there are big stones as well. This experience feels kind of odd to me but it might be due to limitations of the game itself.

The next thing which really caught me of guard are the snowy parts where the truck kind of "sinks into" the snow. i really like that atmospheric trick and you really focus on the road markers to follow the road, together with the snow storm effect - just AWESOME - until you all of a sudden hit a roadblock head on. happened twice to me. first i thought i was off road but i was well within markers. I had to set the truck back and gain speed to hammer of that invisible road block hidden in the deep snow. not sure if that is just me or a bug but deffo not fun since you cannot see it to avoid it.

Just constructive feedback - again - love Iceland :)

Photon_

07 Jun 2021 21:44

Since there is no thread for the Faroe Islands. Does Promods plan to add the new tunnel called Eysturoyartunnilin?

some-thing

07 Jun 2021 23:39

Between Höfn i Hornafirdi and Reydafjördur on some of the updated road segments, the signs are on the road-side of the guard rail.

This doesn't only concern the dangerous turn markers but also the yellow posts at the edge of the road. Also they're kinda close to the edge of the tarmac compared to the rest of Iceland. Would recommend to fiddle with the offset a little. I didn't have a look at it with the editor, so I can't tell you the exact offset values in use here.

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

13 Jun 2021 15:21

However, maybe it is just me, i am having some issues with the smaller, snowy roads and i think collision boxes...
Yes some of the rocks in the road are a little too big, and some you can drive straight through. I will try and fix these for the next major update.
...until you all of a sudden hit a roadblock head on...
There are lots of invisible walls across parts of Iceland for some reason, I'm trying to remove them all but I can always miss some - report any you find in the bug report section of the forum, that way they'll definitely be fixed.
Since there is no thread for the Faroe Islands. Does Promods plan to add the new tunnel called Eysturoyartunnilin?
We're aware of the new tunnel which would be cool to add, but there are no plans currently as no one is working there right now.
Between Höfn i Hornafirdi and Reydafjördur on some of the updated road segments, the signs are on the road-side of the guard rail.
Thanks for spotting this, I'll run along that section and make sure everything is on the right side.

I will have a lot of new stuff to share later today.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

13 Jun 2021 17:18

The Snæfellsnes Peninsula
This peninsula in western Iceland is often referred to as 'Iceland in miniature' due to it's varied and consistently stunning scenery. It is home to wide areas of grassland, rough mountains, and many small fishing villages.

Heading west from Borgarnes along road 54 takes you along the length of the peninsula towards the historic fishing and trading centre of Ólafsvík.

Turning off road 54 and onto road 55 will take you over the mountains to the north coast, and the town of Stykkishólmur, home to the Baldur ferry across Breiðafjörður to the Westfjords*.

One scenic drive you won't want to miss is the unpaved route along the north coast towards road 60 in the Westfjords, with sea views all the way.

A lot for you to look forward to, and a relief for me to finish this section of Iceland and move on to the next part.
Big thanks to Flintstone73 & Vøytek for doing custom models and prefabs for me.

*Ferry not currently usable.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

marknemensis

14 Jun 2021 11:17

This looks almost too good to be true! Thank you very much *Official for your hard and amazing work! :)
Over 2000 hours with ETS2 and Promods!

Mooner_37
Donation rank:

14 Jun 2021 13:13

Nice job :D. I learned something new about Iceland today :)
ETS2 / ATS

Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270.46 miles) - ATS: 329,972 km (205,035 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 48

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:
It’s my birthday

14 Jun 2021 14:17

Beautiful work, you are really an extraordinary team, I have made discover Promods to many friends, they are all on the ass of the quality of details.
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

makgreece
Donation rank:

18 Jun 2021 14:29

Beautiful, thank you!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information