Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

07 Jun 2020 18:24

I'm back at work now so progress has slowed a little, but it's nice to have a relaxing time at the local restaurant.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

mtrmarivaldotadeu
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2020 14:12

very nice

thedavitos

10 Jun 2020 21:37

PythonHUN wrote:
15 May 2020 22:33
Even if you, thedavitos, mention truck drivers avoid the hilly roads to Patreksfjörður, i'd love to go on road 60/63 from Ísafjörður

damn it gives me nightmares to think about going road 63-60 but only from þingeyri to patreksfjörður and you do know most of that road is gravel road? , it only becomes tarmac then you hit Bíldudal airport?
or from road 60/62 from south. (https://ibb.co/Y0D4syP- src map is Openstreetmap, made by its contributors) On the map I marked the roads which should be added, so the full length of route 60 (though this was mentioned), maybe road 62 if you go from south, but this is just a shortcut to Patreksfjörður, Route 63 is the same length. Where i marked the red should be added, navy blue is just a suggestion since it's more like the same length as 63, though it's more sensible, black is the roads that are done.
haha well drivers do take road 60-62 but as there is ferry it aint that expensive so company try to save on repair costs and km and fuel as it comes better out to take ferry but drivers do take it then they miss ferry or well company tell them to drive hehe.
By mentioning that Stykkishólmur is connected to Patreksfjörður via ferry, maybe that town should be considered if Ólafsvík is gonna be built and Road 54.
hahaha well you have to be very careful as if you say Ólafsvík being build into game then you will have to include Grundafjörður also... this is like saying Bloods are better then Crips and yes this is one of few places there the hate between towns is still growing strong and just build rather Stykkishólmur instead of grundarfjörður/ólafsvík/rif
If Road 85 is gonna be done, then Húsavík should be done since it has a population over 2000(well I think it's in game, but it has its company attached to Akureyri).
road 85 should be done... its not legal for trucks to keep going road 1 to Mývatn (you go north and not south road to Mývatn) , okey not illegal but you might be pulled from your truck and beated as you go past people homes in middle of night it will start problems and lot of trucks go there twice a week to seyðisfjarðar to bring trailers to smyril line ferry to faroe-Europe.
Also, Sauðárkrókur is mentionable with its 2.5k population(Road 75 goes there from Road 1 and then connects into 76), Dalvík with its 2.3k population.

744 from blöndós to sauðárkrók is also used as it it shorter then driving blöndós to varmahlíð to sauðárkrókur but for a game then i would just do blöndós-varmahlíð-akureyri and if you go to sauðárkrókur then i would go from varmahlíð to hofós to dalvík
Maybe Road 76/82 should be done, since it'd be shorter to deliver from Sauðárkrókur to Dalvík and maybe Siglufjörðurand Ólafsfjörður should be put if you willing to do Road 76/82.

sure drivers that go from akureyri-dalvík to sauðárkrókur go through all them small tunnels using trucks but it is also shorter road from akureyri to sauðárkrókur going coastal route but unless you are going to stop in some small town on the way then most will just go straight from akureyri to varmahlíð
Also I don't get it why isn't there Egilsstaðir named on the map and it's only a scenery town, when it's the biggest town in Austurland (eastern region).
Did you know that Egilsstaðir is just like what few km away from seyðisfjörður and Egilsstaðir is lot bigger but i think they put the seyðisfjörð rather because it is main ferry enter point to iceland from faroa.

If you have some place, Neskaupstaður would be also good with Road 92.
Here you have enter a thing that is up to drivers as some drivers go south road to Seyðisfjarðar/ferry and others go north way to seyðisfjarðar from reykjavik and they are like just 2 min a part in driving time haha and less then 5 km :D , neskaupsstaður is smaller then Reyðarfjörður and a dead end also i would say.. Neskaupsstaður is called Little Moscow as it was only town run by Commonist government in iceland and we aint talking about few year but long long looong time haha , People there also where fighting hard like 50-50 % if they wanted a tunnel to Reyðarfjörður as only way to travel to Neskaupsstað was by boats until 1949 then very bad road came and still they got boats coming with supplies as town closed off during winters , tunnel aint even that old
I don't know if it's a good idea to have Road 95, which has some gravel but mostly asphalt (based on http://www.road.is/vefur2.nsf/Files/Roa ... -enska.pdf) but it makes a shorter connection to Egilsstaðir coming from Höfn
damn you made me sweat as i didnt figure out where this road 95 was until i spend couple of min looking for it :P and it has been what two years since i went that road and it had tarmac then if i recall and very fast way to egilsstaðir.
(There is Road 939 aka Öxi road which is a bit mountainous, it runs between two mountains, this road makes the trip even shorter, but it's gravel only, maybe it's gonna be paved at some parts)
Yeah öxi is closed for repair for i aint even sure but least two years and all drivers go from höfn to djúpivogur/breiðdalsvík to Reyðarfjörður and there to egilstaðir and yes Öxi is lot quicker way but then there is winter and öxi is not used during winter.
So yeah, OfficialDOWL, keep up the nice work! I hope you may take some of my suggestions into consideration (since i mentioned here a lot)
:)

Added in 2 minutes 10 seconds:
OfficialDOWL wrote:
22 May 2020 17:29
A farm, but where?
if East of iceland then Flatey cow farm... biggest in iceland

https://flateyfarm.is

Added in 24 seconds:
OfficialDOWL wrote:
21 May 2020 00:16
Icelanders and people who know Iceland, let me know what you think of these:

Region messages for the HUD, using the crest of it's largest town (That I could find an image for). Let me know if there're any other things that should be changed.

Edit: Updated image with resized crests.
look good

Added in 4 minutes 14 seconds:
Teurov wrote:
23 May 2020 19:28
Do you have any plans about Grimsey and F910?
Also, I'd like to share this detailed map of Iceland that I just found, maybe it could be useful.
https://cyclingiceland.is/wp-content/up ... d-net2.pdf
Public Transport;
https://cyclingiceland.is/wp-content/up ... -2019-.pdf
Grimsey has just small ferry for people and only truck there is a one tractor haha , you might see if if they add Dalvik to game , cycle in iceland is like going to nude beach on Moon... iceland isnt a cycle country even if city council in Reykjavik think about it and i am waiting for some truck to kill a cycle on highway that dont even have space for cycle... dont bring your bikes to iceland and try to cycle from airport to reykjavik as you might win darwin award and also iceland has lot of mountains and winds so you are fighting the uphill battle.
Last edited by Trucker2223 on 10 Jun 2020 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed images, please don't quote images

PythonHUN

11 Jun 2020 16:54

thedavitos wrote:
10 Jun 2020 21:43
damn it gives me nightmares to think about going road 63-60 but only from þingeyri to patreksfjörður and you do know most of that road is gravel road? , it only becomes tarmac then you hit Bíldudal airport?

haha well drivers do take road 60-62 but as there is ferry it aint that expensive so company try to save on repair costs and km and fuel as it comes better out to take ferry but drivers do take it then they miss ferry or well company tell them to drive hehe.

744 from blöndós to sauðárkrók is also used as it it shorter then driving blöndós to varmahlíð to sauðárkrókur but for a game then i would just do blöndós-varmahlíð-akureyri and if you go to sauðárkrókur then i would go from varmahlíð to hofós to dalvík.

Did you know that Egilsstaðir is just like what few km away from seyðisfjörður and Egilsstaðir is lot bigger but i think they put the seyðisfjörð rather because it is main ferry enter point to iceland from faroa.

Yeah öxi is closed for repair for i aint even sure but least two years and all drivers go from höfn to djúpivogur/breiðdalsvík to Reyðarfjörður and there to egilstaðir and yes Öxi is lot quicker way but then there is winter and öxi is not used during winter.
Wooah I completely forgot about that gravel part! :D I saw it in the pdf and i'm like rly ~95 km only gravel road? That's gonna be a challenge for drivers for sure 100%. And yeah, I forgot about road 744, it's basically makes the trip shorter.

I agree on this, to be honest, Egilsstaðir isn't a coastal town to have some kind of industry. Also, it's okay, if 939 won't be included, since the game is set in winter, so then 95 is the only choice for shortening trips.

At least you're informed about stuff in Iceland since you belong there. 👍

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2020 23:16

Some more work in the big city:
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

rudenkov vladimir

15 Jun 2020 23:37