Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Macedon1anYosh1

04 Feb 2021 22:21

Some pics are from the F roads, but the first one is that toll near Reykjavik in the north
PC SPECS: ASUS PRIME H310M-R R2.0, Intel Core i5-9400F, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, Mixed 2X8GB @2666mhz RAM, ADATA SU630 240GB, TOSHIBA P300 1TB

marccollins

17 Feb 2021 02:27

OfficialDOWL wrote:
04 Feb 2021 21:25
It's time for an update on some of the new/rebuilt/refreshed content in Iceland, see if you can guess where they are (answer below each image):
<removed images>
All a work in progress in 1.40 of course, but many exciting things for you to look forward to.
No idea where any of these are located, but this is ETS 2 work of the highest order. Completely gorgeous and authentic landscapes.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 17 Feb 2021 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed image, do not quote images

JASMein03M

23 Feb 2021 14:09

Those images look beautiful!

Anita718
Donation rank:

15 Mar 2021 10:56

I wonder if Iceland has its own skybox, is that true? Unless there can be only one skybox for the whole map

bobbygeneric1982

21 Mar 2021 02:03

Oh man, Iceland is getting more and more beautiful! :D

archpresident

06 Apr 2021 07:09

Hello. In my opinion you have put a little too many stones in the snow-covered dirt road that connects the east with the west of Iceland .. I passed there yesterday with the truck and I did 6000 € of damage .. XD
Anyway the new physics of the truck in the snow, the loss of grip is fantastic..I have yet to discover all the improvements but I really like this update.Thanks ;)

LAFAYET47
Donation rank:

22 Apr 2021 17:56

Hello @OfficialDOWL. I am really late to the party, I didn´t realise about all this discussion with keeping snow or not last summer. I would have voted for option E, kinda dissapointed that C option finally won in that poll...not the most realistic thing in my opinion, but it is what is and I won´t complain. I would like to ask, have you already fully implemented it or do we still have Promods Iceland depicted as option A?

Also, I wonder if viewpoints have been already added to Iceland? I could not imagine another country in Promods more appropiated for them :D

Sorry for these questions, but it's been a while since I drove in Promods Iceland (last time almost 3 years ago, so in version 2.26-27 of promods if I remember correctly) and I really want to come there as soon as possible, but this time for the fun and not with a truck.

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

22 Apr 2021 23:25

Hey Folks, to answer your questions:
I wonder if Iceland has its own skybox
Nope, the 18 or so skyboxes are used everywhere in the game.
In my opinion you have put a little too many stones in the snow-covered dirt road that connects the east with the west of Iceland
The "F roads" are only suitable for offroad vehicles so if you drive a truck on them you should expect to get a fair amount of damage from the rocks in the 'road'.
have you already fully implemented it or do we still have Promods Iceland depicted as option A?
As of ProMods 2.52, the snowline in the west was moved to option C, with Borgarnes and the western half of the Westfjords in summer.
I wonder if viewpoints have been already added to Iceland?
There are viewpoints there now, although they don't have any text to display as they are using a bit of a hack as ETS2 didn't have viewpoints until Iberia. Now we have Iberia however, these can (and have) been updated to be like the ones in Iberia - these should come in a later update, although I don't know which one or when as of now.

To update you on work in Iceland, I'm making good progress on some brand-new content somewhere that I'll reveal soonish.
Thanks for all your positive feedback here to, it really helps give me motivation to make and rebuild even more parts of this beautiful island.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

tantalus

01 May 2021 22:41

I cant remember, is the snow finally going to be removed? it was always my main reason to drive through Iceland, the change of scenery... sadly i dont think ima going to drive there if there is no snow... i dont see the point. Of course im sure its going to be an amazing job, but getting rid of snow in a snowy place... it kinda breaks the whole purpose to have Iceland there. Its like the new Iberia DLC, it is everything except acutally Iberia lol. Spain is completely awful, and Portugal too. It doesnt feel like you are driving through Spain or Portugal, its the same thing going to happen with Iceland without snow?

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

02 May 2021 00:29

The snow is staying in the north by popular demand despite the fact this is highly inacurate. There is much more to Iceland than just snow (Which to be honest hides much of the beautiful scenery under a white blanket). The new areas without snow will look as good if not better than the snowy areas which are for the most part older. As for the Iberia DLC, I have no idea what you're on about, it's exactly what I would expect from an SCS DLC (Eg: a good start but lacking in places), but that is not something for discussion here. Even if all the snow was removed, that would hardly make Iceland "awful" by default.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information